FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Club

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee audio product wishing to use our loaner program: join here
Subscribe to our newsletter here (Rules on posting can be found here)

What prompted you to buy a GSP product?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 101112
Poll Question: Did you buy GSP after:
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
52 [30.59%]
11 [6.47%]
4 [2.35%]
13 [7.65%]
90 [52.94%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
lwdykes View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lwdykes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2019 at 11:58pm
Originally posted by miT miT wrote:

It was quite a while ago but having been a headphone user for quite a while through my teens, I was looking at upgrading to a grown up system. Being on a modest income, the increased value of a headphone system appealed and this led to me discovering headphone amps, etc.

After a surprisingly good review in What HiFi, I discovered Graham Slee Projects / GSP Audio as it then was and invested in a Novo. This forum has been an instrumental part of my maturing over the years and ultimately led me to understand why the world of reviews are such a farce. Funny that the very magazine that got me here was left behind many years ago!!

I am a dedicated fan because as mentioned in other posts, Graham's honesty and openness about his designs gives me no reason to search elsewhere. I completely trust what he designs and see no reason to believe I know better; that simply would not be true.

I too first experienced headphones in my teens; grew up listening to great psychedelic progressive music such as Pink Floyd, King Crimson, etc.

Over the past few years I started collecting vinyl again (like many of us) and upgrading my electronics. It was my wife who purchased a nice set of headphones for me (maybe too loud for her late at night! LOL) as I had hinted I wanted a pair. I already had a decent phono stage, but was not even aware of headphone amps until I discovered Graham Slee products through my internet research.  Thanks to BAK and the GS loaner program (great program!), I was able to try out some equipment. What a huge difference in my headphone experience!! The dynamics, separation, clarity of bass (no longer washed out and muddy) is amazing!

I immediately ordered the GS Solo Ultra-Linear Headphone Amp, which I enjoy frequently. Next on my list is the Accession preamp to upgrade my current phono stage. I have a lot of 1960s mono stuff (Beatles, Stones, etc), so plan to order mine with mono switch.

I am really enjoying my music and GS products!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 101112
  Share Topic