FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

What prompted you to buy a GSP product?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 14>
Poll Question: Did you buy GSP after:
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
65 [31.10%]
13 [6.22%]
4 [1.91%]
14 [6.70%]
113 [54.07%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
SnrDidcot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SnrDidcot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2019 at 8:38pm
Rather oddly I came to Graham Slee products via Facebook. I posted my then current set-up to a Facebook group I'm a member of asking for advice on potential future upgrades. When it came to the phono amp a large recommendations were for Graham Slee. And to cut a long story short , that's how I'm now here.
Aussie Mick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie Mick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2019 at 12:20am
I remember reading an early Hi-Fi+ feature comparing phono preamps that had variable EQ. The Slee was by far the cheapest (less than half, maybe?), but competed well against the exotica. I be,Eve the final summation was that for real world price and performance, you’d be more than happy to live with the Slee.
Rega RP8 - Apheta 2 - Accession MC Enigma PS -Solo ULDE (Focal Utopia) - PS Audio M700 - Fical Kanta No2
nemu View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nemu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2019 at 9:52am
I got interested in the Accession MM reading in the Internet, searching for an affordabel phono preamp for second smaller hifi-system. Using this fine preamp now for over two and half years, in very distinct setups, I noticed that I very often prefer the Accession MM against much more expensive opponents. Congratulations Graham to develop and build such a fine piece of equipment.

Yesterday I orderd an Accession MC/Enigma.  I am very curious whether it will meet my high expactations I have from listening to the Accession MM.

Best wishes
Stephan

Edited by nemu - 22 Aug 2019 at 3:24pm
RichW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RichW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2019 at 3:20pm
The Accession MM is a bit of a bargain Stephan & it seems to gathering quite a following
of admirers.
The Acc MC is unlikely to disappoint.Smile
Enjoy your music.
Majestic/Enigma, Accession MM & MC.
WigglyWoo View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WigglyWoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2019 at 5:45pm
I really can't remember how I first came across GSP...

But the first product I bought was the Solo back in the days when I had a Rega Ear at work and was mostly listening via headphones at home due to a young family and inquisitive fingers!.

I subsequently upgraded my Solo to the ULDE spec...

And then when I got back into vinyl (don't judge!) I tried the Reflex M via the loaner programme and immediately bought one to replace my Rega Fono.

With the family now grown/growing up am upgrading my TT (and getting a proper HiFi again) and looking to step-up to the Accession MC+Enigma...

GSP is a brand I'm very loyal to and trust ... as an engineer, I appreciate Graham's blogs and transparency, and GSP's terrific value for money.  Long may it continue!

morris_minor View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote morris_minor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2019 at 6:02pm
Originally posted by WigglyWoo WigglyWoo wrote:

I appreciate Graham's blogs and transparency, and GSP's terrific value for money. 
You've hit the nail very firmly on the head! I suspect that's why we're all fans Wink .
Bob

Majestic DAC/pre-amp
Accession MC/Enigma, Accession MM, Reflex M, Elevator EXP, Era Gold V
Solo ULDE, Novo, Lautus USB and digital, Libran balanced, CuSat50
2 x Proprius + Spatia/Spatia Links
miT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2019 at 7:58pm
It was quite a while ago but having been a headphone user for quite a while through my teens, I was looking at upgrading to a grown up system. Being on a modest income, the increased value of a headphone system appealed and this led to me discovering headphone amps, etc.

After a surprisingly good review in What HiFi, I discovered Graham Slee Projects / GSP Audio as it then was and invested in a Novo. This forum has been an instrumental part of my maturing over the years and ultimately led me to understand why the world of reviews are such a farce. Funny that the very magazine that got me here was left behind many years ago!!

I am a dedicated fan because as mentioned in other posts, Graham's honesty and openness about his designs gives me no reason to search elsewhere. I completely trust what he designs and see no reason to believe I know better; that simply would not be true.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 14>
  Share Topic