FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

What prompted you to buy a GSP product?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 14>
Poll Question: Did you buy GSP after:
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
65 [31.10%]
13 [6.22%]
4 [1.91%]
14 [6.70%]
113 [54.07%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Ernie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ernie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2017 at 3:37pm
Hi All,
I hadn't had my turntable running after a house move and my preamp didn't have a phono input. I read a few reviews and bought an Era V on spec. Wow! I didn't remember my aging lp12 ever sounding that good!

Sort of got the bug then and wondered what the Proprius power amps sounded like and promptly loaned a pair. Completely blown away by the shear clarity, voices hanging in the air in front of me, the realism of plucked strings and struck drums. So I bought a pair and a Majestic too even though I'd never heard one and cabled them all together with GSP cables.

Just bought an Accession can't wait for it to arrive!

So mixture of review and loan for me. The biggest draw for me was the engineering though. As an electrical engineer myself Graham and team's no nonsense approach to good engineering practice was the thing that really got me hooked.
There are 10 kinds of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.
Aussie Mick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie Mick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2017 at 10:58pm
Agreed, Ernie,
    I started out through the loan scheme and there followed a Reflex M. After that I borrowed the Proprius pair and subsequently purchased them. I bought the Majestic without audition and I love it. I was exposed to the cables through the loan scheme, as well. Elevator EXP was ordered this week.
Happy times.
Mick.
Rega RP8 - Apheta 2 - Accession MC Enigma PS -Solo ULDE (Focal Utopia) - PS Audio M700 - Fical Kanta No2
Graham Slee View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Graham Slee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2018 at 8:42pm
Topic reset after member posted in wrong area
That none should be able to buy or sell without a smartphone and the knowledge in how to use apps
Godra View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Godra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2018 at 11:12pm
I first got interested in Graham Slee phono when Michael Fremer posted on Analog Planet some sound clips who weren't identified. Each sound clip was a recording of a phono stage. The Era gold from Graham was one of my favorite. After that, I loaned a Reflex M. It was fantastic...I the called a dealer to get an Accession and I never looked back!!! 
Clearaudio Performance DC with Clarify tonearm + Virtuoso V2, Tannoy Legacy Eaton, Accession MM and BAT VK300Xse
DeadWax View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeadWax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2018 at 5:55pm
I bought my first GSP product (Novo) when I was first setting up my system purely based on the general feeling I got from reviews of many different products, not necessarily from the reviews of the Novo. Reviews of the Novo itself were good however it was the overall positive sense I got from other reviews which made me feel that I could trust in Graham's products.
Some years later I loaned a Reflex and was blown away by what I was hearing. Unfortunately this did not lead to a purchase due to a sudden change in living arrangements, however thoughts of it have nibbled away at me ever since. We are now a few years on and the Accession has since launched... it is this beauty that now occupies my thoughts Big smile

Andy R
Lincoln, UK
musicdude View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote musicdude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2018 at 10:21pm
I got introduced in 2004 to GSP products when I needed a phono preamp because my new amplifier had no onboard phono pre. By reading reviews I decided to get the Gram Amp 2SE. I was very much satisfied with it until I upgraded to the Reflex M.....  Big smile

Edited by musicdude - 28 Dec 2018 at 10:39pm
Andy

ProJect Xtension 10 with Clearaudio Charisma V2, GA2 SE, Majestic DAC, CuSat50, Yamaha CD-S1000, Yamaha M-80, Revel F-52.
patientot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patientot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2019 at 8:41pm
I voted for "home trial". Nothing is better than trying a piece of equipment in your home, in your system, with your ears. Reviews can be useful in narrowing the field of choices or illuminating a product one might not have considered but they can only tell me so much. The home trial was what made me want to buy a Reflex M. My unit is on order now and I'm excited to get it! The loaner program is great - I wish other manufacturers would do something similar. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 14>
  Share Topic