FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Club

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee audio product wishing to use our loaner program: join here
Subscribe to our newsletter here (Rules on posting can be found here)

What prompted you to buy a GSP product?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910>
Poll Question: Did you buy GSP after:
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
44 [28.57%]
10 [6.49%]
4 [2.60%]
13 [8.44%]
83 [53.90%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
robbiec View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robbiec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2014 at 6:36pm
They look lovely Ash, tempting, very tempting. I want to build a set myself though. Today is an anniversary of sorts for me, 21 years ago today, I built my first PC and it led me to a career in IT. I find it difficult to learn by theory, more of a break it,fix it type :-) and that will be my process for my audio journey.
Hang on tightly, let go lightly.

Robbie

DAK Genera | DAK Novo | GSP Voyager
Ash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2014 at 6:47pm
Okay, no worries. The option is there if needed. Smile
Sturgus View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sturgus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2016 at 1:09am
I bought my Era-Gold and Elevator after hearing the Jazz Club / Elevator at a friend's house. It was a very nice combo.
Sturgus
Musical Design pre/Dac/Phono Amps Aronov
VPI HW-19 Lustre 801 /Koetsu-Rosewood /GS Elevator/Accension / LP12 Audiomods-Nagoka500 Merlin VSM speakers Dalhquist subs
Pioneer pd-75/ squeezebox
nils1953 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nils1953 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2016 at 7:55am
Hi, I bought my Reflex M with the PSU 1 plus Lautus phono and Spatia loudspeaker cables based on reviews and info from this forum. I have not regretted it a second...even if the new Accession upsets me as one always wants "the best available"....but can't always afford to upgrade as and when the upgrading-itch sets in. Have been considering the Elevator, but that expense must then be coupled to a MC representing a clear upgrade from the 2M Black...and that will cost a penny or two as well...maybe better to test out a very good offer on a Cartridgeman Music Maker Classic. Anyone with experience from that cartridge? I read that the cartridge was indeed developed using a Reflex M...is that correct?
Based on my very satisfactory experience with the Reflex, I have also  purchased a Bitzie set with the Lautus USB cable and, a Solo ULDE also with cables to connect.
Again very satisfactory, but I found that I was not a headphone-man and have sold the headphones and the Solo..but kept the Bitzie just in case...
The Bitzie works wonderfully with the iPhone 6 I have.

RichW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RichW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2016 at 9:02am
Hi Nils,
The Musicmaker can be a tad fussy about the arm it is used with & also record condition.
It is smooth sounding, detailed & dynamic - especially if it is well matched.
What's your turntable & arm?

GSP stages are strong recommendations of the Musicmaker's designer.

Elevator, Accession, Majestic, Reflex M, Solo ULDE, CuSat & Lautus.
nils1953 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nils1953 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2016 at 10:15am
Hi and thanks Rich,
I have an Avid Diva 2 SP with an SME 309 arm.
Do you have any experience from this combo with the Classic?
RichW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RichW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2016 at 10:41am
Hi Nils,
I haven't used the Classic with your combo but the 309 is a high quality design & should
match the MM's requirement for arm with less than 13g effective mass.
It would be well worth contacting Len Gregory however who I'm sure will give you honest
& sound advice on compatibility.
I've used the Classic with a Roksan Artemiz, a Rega 301, Rega 1000 & AudioMods Classic.
The basic Regas are not the best match as the bearings are not of good enough quality
but the others were good - particularly the AudioMods.

Edited by RichW - 27 Jun 2016 at 10:42am
Elevator, Accession, Majestic, Reflex M, Solo ULDE, CuSat & Lautus.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910>
  Share Topic