FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

What music has impressed you today?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 382383384385386 397>
Author
lfc jon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote lfc jon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2023 at 6:59pm
This album I've had since it came out and have not played it in ages, seemed to have slipped my memory that I had it. Visage "The Damned Don't Cry" The only album I have of theirs and I have only just remembered why, I didn't like their 2nd album.
Reflex M, Solo (both with PSU-1) CuSat50, Lautus, Spatia & Spatia links cables. Ortofon Bronze.
patientot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patientot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2023 at 9:19pm
Originally posted by lfc jon lfc jon wrote:

This album I've had since it came out and have not played it in ages, seemed to have slipped my memory that I had it. Visage "The Damned Don't Cry" The only album I have of theirs and I have only just remembered why, I didn't like their 2nd album.

It's been awhile since I've played anything by them. The Rubellan label here in the U.S. did exclusive dynamic remasters (on CD) of the first few albums and the singles comp. I was lucky to get the ones I wanted before they were gone and selling for way too much money secondhand. I don't remember liking "The Anvil" as much as the first album but I do like it. Will have to revisit their music soon.
SL-1200 MK7 (modified) + Reflex M + PSU-1 used with AT150-40ML, AT VM95ML, Stanton 680mkII + Ogura, and Shure M35X cartridges.
patientot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patientot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2023 at 9:20pm

For some reason I never got round to buying this album until now.
Tears For Fears. Songs From The Big Chair.

I've always liked this era of the band. They did some good stuff after but never quite captured the same magic. Great album.
SL-1200 MK7 (modified) + Reflex M + PSU-1 used with AT150-40ML, AT VM95ML, Stanton 680mkII + Ogura, and Shure M35X cartridges.
lfc jon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lfc jon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2023 at 7:07pm
Originally posted by patientot patientot wrote:

It's been awhile since I've played anything by them. The Rubellan label here in the U.S. did exclusive dynamic remasters (on CD) of the first few albums and the singles comp. I was lucky to get the ones I wanted before they were gone and selling for way too much money secondhand. I don't remember liking "The Anvil" as much as the first album but I do like it. Will have to revisit their music soon.
The trouble with me is I can go off a band if I don't like their next album, The Damned Don't Cry was a great album but their 2nd  just didn't do anything for me. Another case in point was Oasis, Definitely Maybe was a very good album after that I just put them to one side in my mind. This is probably why I haven't played these two albums in a long time, I've just forgotten about them. 
Reflex M, Solo (both with PSU-1) CuSat50, Lautus, Spatia & Spatia links cables. Ortofon Bronze.
lfc jon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote lfc jon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2023 at 3:10pm
This is another album that slipped my memory, Madness "The Dangermen Sessions" Don't even remember playing it until now. Not a big fan of their's but this album I do really like.
Mikeh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mikeh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2023 at 6:33pm

Might not be to everyone's liking but I enjoy some of Easy Star All Star releases. Putting a reggae/dub sound to famous albums via produce some interesting music. The latest 'Ziggy Starsub' is worth a listen or maybe 'Dub Side of the Moon'
Mike

Technics sl1210g with Victor U-2
Accession MM, Majestic + Proprius, Solo ULDE
Cambridge Audio CXC CD player
Lindemann Limetree Bridge streamer
Harbeth P3ESR XD paired with 2x REL t5x
Fatmangolf View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2023 at 7:05pm
They are fine albums... Sgt Pepper, Radiodread, and Thrillah  Thank you!
Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 382383384385386 397>
  Share Topic