FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

What music has impressed you today?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 367368369370371 398>
Author
Fatmangolf View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2022 at 11:28pm
Very good. I have the first three OMD albums on original vinyl but not Dazzle Ships which is good and due a play soon by me. Thanks David.
Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
patientot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patientot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2022 at 1:21am
Originally posted by Fatmangolf Fatmangolf wrote:

Very good. I have the first three OMD albums on original vinyl but not Dazzle Ships which is good and due a play soon by me. Thanks David.

I have the U.S. and U.K. vinyl of Dazzle Ships and an older CD version as well as the later remaster on CD.

The UK vinyl is the better vinyl and the older CD version is the better CD, IMHO. I always keep my eye out for more copies but never see them anywhere in years now.
SL-1200 MK7 (modified) + Reflex M + PSU-1 used with AT150-40ML, AT VM95ML, Stanton 680mkII + Ogura, and Shure M35X cartridges.
patientot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patientot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2022 at 1:55am
Today's pick is Renaissance by DoomCannon, a young artist working in the UK contemporary Jazz scene.

You can listen to the album here:

https://doomcannon.bandcamp.com/album/renaissance

SL-1200 MK7 (modified) + Reflex M + PSU-1 used with AT150-40ML, AT VM95ML, Stanton 680mkII + Ogura, and Shure M35X cartridges.
Ash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2022 at 8:47am
https://youtu.be/ottd15e3WCc

The music of video game and film has always been my inspiration.
We do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
turbo_al View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turbo_al Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2022 at 8:29pm
Here It Is
Tribute to Leonard Cohen on Blue Note

Great album featuring some sublime performances from a diverse group of artists, if forced to pick some tracks out as all are excellent, my three would be Sarah McLachlans astonishing version of "Halleluljah", Peter Gabriels "Here It Is" and James Taylors un James Taylor like rendition of "Coming Back To You"
Well worth a try it is captivating
Mikeh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Mikeh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2022 at 3:49pm
Been streaming the 2022 release of Tubular Bells recorded with the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra. I think it's a fabulous recording, giving a different take on the classic album. The bellowing voice of Brian Blessed replacing the rather drunken Viv Stanshall (r.i.p.) is a hoot! 
Mike

Technics sl1210g with Victor U-2
Accession MM, Majestic + Proprius, Solo ULDE
Cambridge Audio CXC CD player
Lindemann Limetree Bridge streamer
Harbeth P3ESR XD paired with 2x REL t5x
Fatmangolf View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2022 at 8:53pm
I am enjoying Mind Bomb by The The nearly as much as England's win tonight.
Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 367368369370371 398>
  Share Topic