FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

What music has impressed you today?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 299300301302303 397>
Author
brubacca View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brubacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2021 at 6:38pm
Peter Gabrial So BOX Set has really good Vinyl.  Its awesome to listen to.  Ordered mine from Real World Records a couple years ago, direct from UK.  (I'm in US).
Regards,
Charlie
Pennsylvania, USA
BAK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BAK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2021 at 12:21am
Originally posted by brubacca brubacca wrote:

Peter Gabrial So BOX Set has really good Vinyl.  Its awesome to listen to.  Ordered mine from Real World Records a couple years ago, direct from UK.  (I'm in US).

Great album!
Bruce
AT-14SA, Pickering XV-15, Hana EL, Technics SL-1600MK2, Lautus, Majestic DAC, Technics SH-8055 spectrum analyzer, Eminence Beta8A custom cabs; Proprius & Reflex M or C, Enjoy Life your way!
BAK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BAK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2021 at 12:31am
Tonight I'm making it an all Alan Parsons Project night! (whole albums from CDs)...

The Turn Of A Friendly Card
 Pyramid
 Eye In The Sky [Expanded Edition]
 I Robot (Expanded Edition)

{Little known fact: Alan Parsons was the sound engineer for early Pink Floyd albums.}

Playing with VLC from Mac Mini via USB thru Majestic DAC to Proprius...
 sound is righteous!

Edited by BAK - 30 Apr 2021 at 12:33am
Bruce
AT-14SA, Pickering XV-15, Hana EL, Technics SL-1600MK2, Lautus, Majestic DAC, Technics SH-8055 spectrum analyzer, Eminence Beta8A custom cabs; Proprius & Reflex M or C, Enjoy Life your way!
Help with bass View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Help with bass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2021 at 7:42pm
 ‘The Bert Jansch Sampler” on Transatlantic, 1966.  The strings of Bert’s guitar sound much ‘stringier’ through the Accession MM than I have heard before.  I must conclude that in addition to the clever electronics inside the box some kind of universe-explaining string theory has also been deployed.

This record is from when artists wrote their own liner notes :

‘“The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face” is a beautifully haunting love song by Ewan MacColl.  Here it is played in an open D tuning (DADGAD) fretting the G string at A to give the full chord.’

I don’t know about that Bert but I’m DEADGLAD I got this gear from HiFi System Components to listen to.

Why not give your system ‘a good Sleeing to’, too?!

Bluesman 70 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Bluesman 70 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2021 at 11:11am
Chris Stapplton Starting Over what a great voice and a great guitar sound this album was recorded during lock down so i think it is quite moving also just purchased Kenny Burrell tone poets Introducing Kenny Burrell thees are the 2 i have mostly been playing this weekend Graham C 
Avid Ingenium tt /Project Carbon arm/Ortofon 2M Bronze /Naim XS Intergated amp/ Accession mm Phono stage/Enigma pus1/CUsat50 interconnect/ Naim CDX2/ GS Solo Headphone amp Thiel CS 1.6 Coherent Source
patientot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patientot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2021 at 7:40pm
Seaside Lovers - Memories in a Beach House LP

Sorta laid back early 80s pop music from Japan. My copy is a recent reissue done by the Great Tracks sublabel of Sony Music Direct Japan. Mastered by Bernie Grundman and pressed at Sony Japan's re-activated record pressing plant. IIRC it's the only active pressing plant in Japan at the present time. Most records for the Japanese market nowadays are pressed in Europe or the U.S.

Anyway, not everyone's cup of tea, but if you like this type of music I can recommend this particular pressing without hesitation.

SL-1200 MK7 (modified) + Reflex M + PSU-1 used with AT150-40ML, AT VM95ML, Stanton 680mkII + Ogura, and Shure M35X cartridges.
Fatmangolf View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2021 at 11:14pm
I was enjoying a selection of old favourites this morning including Heavy Weather. Later I popped into some charity shops and picked up an LP with Britten's Sea Interludes and Passaglia, Bridge's The Sea, and Bax's On the Sea Shore. Ulster Orchestra conducted by Veronon Handley 1986. It was 50p which is hard to decline although it needed a run through my RCM to sound its best.

Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 299300301302303 397>
  Share Topic