FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

What music has impressed you today?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 243244245246247 398>
Author
Richardl60 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richardl60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2018 at 11:26pm
Enjoying fats so much, spun side 3 even better!  Great tracks such as I want to walk you home, be my guest, walking to New Orleans and my girl jospehine 1959-60.  On these slightly later recordings the sound stage has opened up and become beautifully layered and surprisingly foot tapping on a number of tracks, should be privileged as these are now recorded in the year of my birth!

Left/right balance varies a little from track to track.  The sax on ‘it keeps raining’ sits well, well outside of the right hand speaker with eyes shut maybe 6 or 7 feet outside?  Good job I left my mono switch off after all! Bit spooky really.

I have always liked I hear you knocking (my favourite Dave Edmonds track) but a lovely presentation here on side 4 and the bouncy  ‘there goes my heart again’ from 1963 is a notably more modern recording (crisper and more weighty bass) though no notable drop out on any of the tracks which I assume were mastered on magnetic tape?
musicdude View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote musicdude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2019 at 4:01am
Since I got finally my "final" cartridge I have to listen to all of my LP's again or should I say explore the dept of the grooves... Put on  Manfred Mann's Earth Band "Watch" and I was immediately impressed by the musicality and never before heard instruments! Haven't listened to it for years and  for a 40 year old LP the sound is incredible! I'm glad I never sold any of my records.      
Andy

ProJect Xtension 10 with Clearaudio Charisma V2, GA2 SE, Majestic DAC, CuSat50, Yamaha CD-S1000, Yamaha M-80, Revel F-52.
musicdude View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote musicdude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2019 at 4:30am
Listen to Herbie Hancock's Future Shock and especially the piece "TFS". Now I hear faint instruments I have never heard. Even on CD it isn't so dominant and clear as on the LP. The more my system gets optimized the better it gets...
Andy

ProJect Xtension 10 with Clearaudio Charisma V2, GA2 SE, Majestic DAC, CuSat50, Yamaha CD-S1000, Yamaha M-80, Revel F-52.
Richardl60 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richardl60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2019 at 8:06pm
Have been looking for some time for Angel Claire (Art Garfunkel) - haven’t heard it on vinyl for around 30 years but have in the ‘original album series’ on CD.  This is my favourite Art G album and decided to take a punt on pre-owned as there are no signs of a reissue.  Fav tracks are I shall sing, feuiles-oh..., all I know and Woyaya in particular.

Really like the music and having cleaned through the RCM side 1 silent and a good (little played) example will keep on with side 2.

The tape hiss and rumble on some tracks are common to the CD which I may spin in the near future.
patientot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patientot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2019 at 8:11pm
Awhile back a friend gifted me an 4xLP boxset of Phish's "A Live One" album. I'm listening to this for the second or third go round now. I'm no musician so I'm not too great at describing these things, but there is some extended jamming on side D that I found really impressive today. 
RichW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RichW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2019 at 8:44am
This album was a big change for Rush when released way back in '82 with its heavy use of keyboards. The keyboard sound has dated a little now but the musicianship of all 3 players remains exceptional. 
'Chemistry' & 'Digital Man' contain some of Mr. Lifeson's most inspired guitar playing.

Image result for rush signals
Majestic/Enigma, Accession MM & MC.
suede View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote suede Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2019 at 1:19pm
Went to a concert with an artist called Christian Kjellvander a few weeks ago. He had just released his new album called Wild Hxmans, which is really quite good and so has impressed me a lot these last few weeks. Standout track for me is Faux Guernica.

Edited by suede - 27 Jan 2019 at 1:28pm
Proprius, Reflex M, Solo UL, Bitzie, CuSats & Spatia
---------------------------------
Johan
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 243244245246247 398>
  Share Topic