FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Join our friendly forum here and subscribe to our newsletters here

A rule of fairness:
When other manufacturers websites allow people to recommend our products instead of their own then people can do the same here, but please not before! Such posts will be deleted.
See terms and conditions here...

What music has impressed you today?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 243244245
Author
Richardl60 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richardl60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2018 at 11:26pm
Enjoying fats so much, spun side 3 even better!  Great tracks such as I want to walk you home, be my guest, walking to New Orleans and my girl jospehine 1959-60.  On these slightly later recordings the sound stage has opened up and become beautifully layered and surprisingly foot tapping on a number of tracks, should be privileged as these are now recorded in the year of my birth!

Left/right balance varies a little from track to track.  The sax on ‘it keeps raining’ sits well, well outside of the right hand speaker with eyes shut maybe 6 or 7 feet outside?  Good job I left my mono switch off after all! Bit spooky really.

I have always liked I hear you knocking (my favourite Dave Edmonds track) but a lovely presentation here on side 4 and the bouncy  ‘there goes my heart again’ from 1963 is a notably more modern recording (crisper and more weighty bass) though no notable drop out on any of the tracks which I assume were mastered on magnetic tape?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 243244245
  Share Topic