FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

What music has impressed you today?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 165166167168169 398>
Author
earwiggo View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote earwiggo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2014 at 8:14pm
I have the Majestic Dac on loan and could not decide which song(s) would get first play to test this piece of kit. In the end it was The Beta Band and the second track 'it's not too beautiful' - for anyone that has not heard this stunning musical masterpiece I urge you to hear it before you leave this earth. I loved this track before but boy o boy did this just go to an almost ethereal level with the drive of the Majestic.
Next up was 2 tracks from Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan, Mustt Mustt and Tracery that are so beautiful in detail and structure that took the flawless nature of the Majestic to another level.

So there you are, three inseparable absolutely stunners of audio tracks fantastic on any system, but so unbelievably better on the Majestic.

...If only I knew that yesterday!
suede View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote suede Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2014 at 10:09pm
The Kinks - Lola versus The Powerman And The Moneygoround. I had all but forgotten about this strange little pop album. There are some great tunes on it.

Proprius, Reflex M, Solo UL, Bitzie, CuSats & Spatia
---------------------------------
Johan
DaveG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2014 at 10:29pm
Had a mini progfest today & ended up playing Mirage by Camel. No idea when/why  I bought this & being from the punk generation I always hated this kind of claptrap.. but you know what?... it was brilliant Embarrassed

...oh Laydee Fantaseeeee.. tra la la... Smile
Dave

Michell Gorbe + HR PSU -> Cadenza Bronze -> SME V -> Elevator -> Accession -> Proprius -> B&W CM6 s2 | Cusat 50 & Spatia cables ->
McHolmeM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McHolmeM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2014 at 10:44pm
Played some Camel a couple of days ago - Moonmadness - but was a little disappointed with this Music on Vinyl version, must dig out my original for comparison. Then moved on to King Crimson, last night was the marvellous 'In the Court of the Crimson King' and tonight 'Islands', on the latter Fripp at times being jazz-led and 'experimental' but nonetheless sounding great through the loan Reflex C!  
suede View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote suede Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2014 at 10:45pm
Originally posted by DaveG DaveG wrote:

Had a mini progfest today & ended up playing Mirage by Camel. No idea when/why  I bought this & being from the punk generation I always hated this kind of claptrap.. but you know what?... it was brilliant Embarrassed

...oh Laydee Fantaseeeee.. tra la la... Smile

I really like the last track and medley on side A. You know the song about Gandalf the wizard Geek.
Johan
McHolmeM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McHolmeM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2014 at 12:04am
In the way Mel Collins left King Crimson to join Camel I also gravitated from one back to the other and tonight played 'Rain Dances'. What a difference the Reflex C makes! Collins saxophone is far more vibrant and the overall tonal balance is much improved providing a more involving musical presentation.   
suede View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote suede Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2014 at 6:20pm
A solemn and teen-angsty song almost echoing a young Bruce Springsteen.
Not too often one hears a pump organ in a pop tune is it?

Johan
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 165166167168169 398>
  Share Topic