FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

What music has impressed you today?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 314315316317318 398>
Author
Fatmangolf View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2021 at 3:24pm
I'm playing a best of the Guess Who LP on my SL-7. I got it second hand some years ago and have cleaned it a couple of times. Badly warped before I bought it so difficult with the SME tapered arm tube but that isn't a problem for the SL-7.
Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
lfc jon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lfc jon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2021 at 8:03pm
GIA Margaret.  There's Always Glimmer.
Something to listen to on a Sunday evening. To take your mind off, back to work tomorrow.
Reflex M, Solo (both with PSU-1) CuSat50, Lautus, Spatia & Spatia links cables. Ortofon Bronze.
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2021 at 8:21pm
Perlman playing Berg's violin concerto.

Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
TimW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TimW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2021 at 4:13pm
Just got the new reissue of Spiritualized’s “Ladies and Gentlemen We Are Floating in Space” on vinyl. Part of the group-approved vinyl reissue programme.

It’s one of my favourite albums. Already have the original tape, CD, anniversary CD box, 2007 vinyl reissue and now this new remastered LP. This new version reinserts the Elvis “Can’t help falling in love...” lines that had to be taken out of the original title track due to a legal threat from the Elvis estate - Previously only available on the rare promo version. Lovely to hear it on vinyl as it was meant to be.

The fourth side is the monster 17 minute “Cop Shoot Cop” with the legendary Dr John on piano.

A perfect mix of space rock, garage rock, psychedelia, blues and gospel.

L*nn LP12, Jelco 750D, AT440MLb / Technics 1200 MKII (Various Carts) / GS Gram Amp 2 SE / Audiolab and Arcam Amplification / Mission 752 Freedom / Dynaudio Audience 42
peterb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peterb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2021 at 5:59pm
It recently occurred to me that a lot of Jeff Beck's tracks are heavy on social comment and so the lyrics are often as good as the playing. This, not so original thought, came to me when I was playing Loud Hailer again and thought back to the first album I bought of his, Jeff Beck's Guitar Shop.
I don't think he gets the praise he deserves for his innovative playing. Not many could play Nessun Dorma (Emotion & Commotion) on a electric guitar and it be appreciated by almost everyone. 
I am so envious of his skill. Big smile

Peter
---------------------------------------
Dual 505-1, Cyrus CD T, DIY 80W MosFet amp and PreAmp, 2xKEF 103.2
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2021 at 11:28am
My old copy of Sir Adrian Boult's Instruments of the Orchestra is engaging for the narration and a great test record. Lots of high quality classical instruments well recorded plus his voice.

Jon

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2021 at 3:42pm
Whilst watching West Ham holding on for a point (no longer) I am enjoying the first two Beat albums on my SL-7. The LP Gear Version of the AT series V cartridge is notably better than the AT85 I had on there to start with, less hard sounding, more natural and involving now.  The bass is a lot better now.

Edited by Fatmangolf - 19 Sep 2021 at 3:48pm
Jon

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 314315316317318 398>
  Share Topic