FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

What music has impressed you today?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 298299300301302 398>
Author
BAK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BAK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2021 at 12:58am
Originally posted by BAK BAK wrote:

"[I Know] I'm Losing You" by Rare Earth

My LP sounds better than this...
on the Ecology album
I have a GREEN vinyl, 180gm, new release coming soon.

I'll let you know if the GREEN sounds good.Cool

My original 1970 LP sounds better than this on YouTube or the GREEN 180gm...
Apparently this Ecology 180gm album was cut "hot"... and the midrange is distorted.
Some re-engineers do boost the mix on 180gm thinking they have more dynamic range available, 
 when they actually don't. If anything the re-mix should be set to 95% of original.

I'm now listening to my original LP of Skywalk "Silent Witness" (which is anything but silent).
No distortion at all through the Accession MC with Enigma.

This is my 1st day trying the Accession MC with Enigma... I'll have to re-visit this in 3 days...
The Acc C just came back from another loaner.

Edited by BAK - 03 Mar 2021 at 1:03am
Bruce
AT-14SA, Pickering XV-15, Hana EL, Technics SL-1600MK2, Lautus, Majestic DAC, Technics SH-8055 spectrum analyzer, Eminence Beta8A custom cabs; Proprius & Reflex M or C, Enjoy Life your way!
patientot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patientot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2021 at 2:27pm

My original 1970 LP sounds better than this on YouTube or the GREEN 180gm...
Apparently this Ecology 180gm album was cut "hot"... and the midrange is distorted.
Some re-engineers do boost the mix on 180gm thinking they have more dynamic range available, 
 when they actually don't. If anything the re-mix should be set to 95% of original.

I don't know this album really, but the label that put out the green vinyl reissue is called Culture Factory. For years they mainly made CDs that were in mini-LP packaging with very compressed audio on them. I forgot that the label started making vinyl too. It's too bad they are over-compressing that stuff also. 

I'll have to keep an eye out for a 70s pressing of this in nice condition at a local shop. 
SL-1200 MK7 (modified) + Reflex M + PSU-1 used with AT150-40ML, AT VM95ML, Stanton 680mkII + Ogura, and Shure M35X cartridges.
brubacca View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brubacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2021 at 8:54pm
Really enjoying some Norah Jones today.  Love it.  Seen her in person before and her recordings do an excellent job.
brubacca View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brubacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2021 at 7:06pm
Accession MC is sounding really good with Van Morrison...  with Enigma PSU..  Awesome
Regards,
Charlie
Pennsylvania, USA
BAK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BAK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2021 at 3:44pm

Pink Floyd Plan Live Album of Their 1990 Knebworth Gig

I am very tempted to get this 2LP, 45rpm, just to hear Clare Torry singing vocals again and Candy Dulfer playing sax.
 I just listened to most of the album on The Rolling Stone mag's website. Great !

In the UK...
https://www.neptunepinkfloyd.co.uk/pink-floyd-live-at-knebworth-1990-official-release-coming

In the US...
Bruce
AT-14SA, Pickering XV-15, Hana EL, Technics SL-1600MK2, Lautus, Majestic DAC, Technics SH-8055 spectrum analyzer, Eminence Beta8A custom cabs; Proprius & Reflex M or C, Enjoy Life your way!
kgilroy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kgilroy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2021 at 2:44pm

Pink Floyd Plan Live Album of Their 1990 Knebworth Gig

I am very tempted to get this 2LP, 45rpm, just to hear Clare Torry singing vocals again and Candy Dulfer playing sax.
 I just listened to most of the album on The Rolling Stone mag's website. Great !

In the UK...
https://www.neptunepinkfloyd.co.uk/pink-floyd-live-at-knebworth-1990-official-release-coming

In the US...

I am also thinking about that one. I have the 2017 double LP reissue of Delicate Sound of Thunder which is great but couldn't decide if the recent 2020 remastered version was worth the extra money so have held off.  So many remastered reissues these days with companies taking advantage of the vinyl boom.  Makes me wonder how much is just marketing.
Keith

Marantz TT-15S1, Maestro V2, Accession MM, Icon Audio Stereo 40 Mk lll, Wharfedale Jade 3.

Mac Mini, BitPerfect, Dynaudio Xeo2

Marantz SA-15S1, Apple TV, Cambridge CXA60, B&W DM2000, REL Sub
kgilroy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kgilroy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2021 at 2:48pm
Originally posted by brubacca brubacca wrote:

Really enjoying some Norah Jones today.  Love it.  Seen her in person before and her recordings do an excellent job.

I also like Nora Jones but in limited doses Smile

Still think that Come away with me is the best album.  Have the 2002 Classic Record version and 2019 Analogue Production.  Sound quality is great on both.

I prefer her more jazz oriented recordings and in addition to the above I like Day Breaks.
Keith

Marantz TT-15S1, Maestro V2, Accession MM, Icon Audio Stereo 40 Mk lll, Wharfedale Jade 3.

Mac Mini, BitPerfect, Dynaudio Xeo2

Marantz SA-15S1, Apple TV, Cambridge CXA60, B&W DM2000, REL Sub
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 298299300301302 398>
  Share Topic