FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

What music has impressed you today?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 286287288289290 397>
Author
Pushpaw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pushpaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2020 at 12:59am
so you have great taste in phono stages and in music too. Your review of Reflex M on Hoffman forums is one of the reasons I pulled the trigger on that purchase. 
P******t Debut Carbon, Goldring 1042, GS Accession MM w/Enigma, GS Solo ULDE w/PSU1, Sennheiser HD6XX, Technics SU-800 IA, Castle Knight 1, PS Audio Ultimate Outlet, Lautus & CuSat50
pompeyexile View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pompeyexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2020 at 12:24pm
After seeing a documentary on him I just had to get some old Joe Cocker albums and there isn't a week I do not play something of his. How that man (who is sadly no longer with us) is not in the Rock Hall of Fame is beyond me (and his contemporaries apparantly). Just waiting for his defining performance live at Woodstock to arrive.

Also, for lady blues singers, Kyla Brox and Grainne Duffy are rarely off my hi-fi.
Southernowl View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Southernowl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2020 at 4:13am
Paul Carrack, 'A Different Hat' this week. Bought it at his concert earlier this year just before everything stopped.

Not only does he have a cracking voice but his choice of football team is inspired :)
Nick White
lfc jon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lfc jon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2020 at 7:25pm
I lost this album years ago and forgot all about. Ultravox the album VIENNA. Saw a ad for the 40th anniversary on vinyl recorded at half speed with bonus vinyl of single edits + B-sides and had to have it. What a good recording well worth getting if your are a Ultravox fan. It's master by Alchemy. As for the album forgot how good it was, ended up playing both records from start to finish in one sitting
Reflex M, Solo (both with PSU-1) CuSat50, Lautus, Spatia & Spatia links cables. Ortofon Bronze.
patientot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patientot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2020 at 8:03pm
Originally posted by lfc jon lfc jon wrote:

I lost this album years ago and forgot all about. Ultravox the album VIENNA. Saw a ad for the 40th anniversary on vinyl recorded at half speed with bonus vinyl of single edits + B-sides and had to have it. What a good recording well worth getting if your are a Ultravox fan. It's master by Alchemy. As for the album forgot how good it was, ended up playing both records from start to finish in one sitting

Haven't heard this new version but I love the album. Easily the best they made with Ure. I do like both the Foxx and Ure years of Ultravox. 
SL-1200 MK7 (modified) + Reflex M + PSU-1 used with AT150-40ML, AT VM95ML, Stanton 680mkII + Ogura, and Shure M35X cartridges.
lfc jon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lfc jon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2020 at 10:26pm
Hi David
I was not a big fan of Ultravox but I did have this album and  the hits album, at this time in my life I did not have a lot of funds and was going to Liverpool to see them play (football or soccer as I think you call it) a lot so could not chance buying albums and then finding I did not like it. From where I live going to Liverpool was a long way so travel expenses was a lot as well. But as I said well worth getting this recording
Reflex M, Solo (both with PSU-1) CuSat50, Lautus, Spatia & Spatia links cables. Ortofon Bronze.
Str8Wire View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Str8Wire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2020 at 2:41am
Well today I enjoyed the Bill Evans, Some Other Time: The Lost Session From The Black Forest.

It features bassist Eddie Gomez and drummer Jack DeJohnette and was recorded at MPS Studios in Villingen, Germany in 1968. Very good album for the Bill Evans fan.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 286287288289290 397>
  Share Topic