FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

What music has impressed you today?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 258259260261262 397>
Author
lfc jon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lfc jon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2019 at 3:07pm
If you are into Foreigner get Foreigner with the 21st century symphony & chorus box set (Brilliant) if you can find it
It came out in 2018
miT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2019 at 6:04pm
Originally posted by lfc jon lfc jon wrote:

If you are into Foreigner get Foreigner with the 21st century symphony & chorus box set (Brilliant) if you can find it
It came out in 2018
The collective wisdom of this forum gave me some great classic rock choices a few years ago and Foreigner were among them. I highly recommend this gem:

lwdykes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lwdykes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2019 at 10:15pm
Originally posted by Fatmangolf Fatmangolf wrote:

I'm currently listening to Live at Leeds, lossless. My favourite live rock album.

I agree, a stellar live album. Have you heard the Deluxe Edition? Over 2 hours of music, including the entire performance of Tommy. Great stuff!
patientot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patientot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2019 at 10:20pm
Originally posted by lwdykes lwdykes wrote:

I'm currently listening to Live at Leeds, lossless. My favourite live rock album.

I agree, a stellar live album. Have you heard the Deluxe Edition? Over 2 hours of music, including the entire performance of Tommy. Great stuff!

I love the Who but I'm not much of a Tommy fan. However, even I have to admit the 24/96 version of LAL is essential and their performance of Tommy there is much more powerful than the studio album. The entire album has also been remixed and sounds much clearer than the either the original LP or the '95 remixed CD version. Usually I'm not a fan of remixing stuff like this but they did a good job here. There are still some edits and such that some hardcore LAL fans won't like - for them only a bootleg of the complete concert will do. 
SL-1200 MK7 (modified) + Reflex M + PSU-1 used with AT150-40ML, AT VM95ML, Stanton 680mkII + Ogura, and Shure M35X cartridges.
lwdykes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote lwdykes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2019 at 10:29pm
Originally posted by patientot patientot wrote:

I love the Who but I'm not much of a Tommy fan. However, even I have to admit the 24/96 version of LAL is essential and their performance of Tommy there is much more powerful than the studio album. The entire album has also been remixed and sounds much clearer than the either the original LP or the '95 remixed CD version. Usually I'm not a fan of remixing stuff like this but they did a good job here. There are still some edits and such that some hardcore LAL fans won't like - for them only a bootleg of the complete concert will do. 

I was fortunate to see the Who at the Forum in Los Angeles my senior year in High School, 1974. My friend and I spent the night in the Forum parking lot to get tickets. Lynyrd Skynyrd opened for them when they were first getting started. Most people on the west coast did not even know who LS was at that time. Saw the Who again in 1990 at LA Coliseum...not even close to being as good. Their 1974 gig was pretty similar to Live at Leeds.
patientot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patientot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2019 at 5:54pm

I was fortunate to see the Who at the Forum in Los Angeles my senior year in High School, 1974. My friend and I spent the night in the Forum parking lot to get tickets. Lynyrd Skynyrd opened for them when they were first getting started. Most people on the west coast did not even know who LS was at that time. Saw the Who again in 1990 at LA Coliseum...not even close to being as good. Their 1974 gig was pretty similar to Live at Leeds.

Wow. At the '74 show did they also play material from Quadrophenia? 
SL-1200 MK7 (modified) + Reflex M + PSU-1 used with AT150-40ML, AT VM95ML, Stanton 680mkII + Ogura, and Shure M35X cartridges.
lwdykes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote lwdykes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2019 at 8:30pm
I'm sure they probably did, but I don't remember exactly what (maybe Can You See the Real Me...not sure). I know they played almost everything from Live at Leeds, plus some from Tommy, as well as much of their popular earlier stuff. One disappointment though that I remember vividly; I was not familiar with Pete Townsend waiting eons to come out for encores. So many people thought the concert was over and started to leave, including us. Then...we heard Young Man Blues start playing when we were already in the parking lot!! Oh man...what a drag!! I have never left a concert again until the house lights came on.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 258259260261262 397>
  Share Topic