FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

What music has impressed you today?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 255256257258259 397>
Author
smutly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smutly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2019 at 12:56pm
Originally posted by lwdykes lwdykes wrote:

I recently discovered Rickie Lee Jones debut album from 1979. I was able to locate a 2008 RTI copy remastered by Steve Hoffman & Kevin Gray in NM condition. Wonderful!

Yes, I like her, too. I remember my musician brother-in-law and all his friends loving her when she first burst onto the scene back in the day. I have the original LP, not the remaster. Sounds great. She's still around, with a new record called Kicks (I haven't heard it yet), and she's currently on tour, Northeast US right now and then UK and Europe.
lwdykes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lwdykes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2019 at 5:21pm
Originally posted by smutly smutly wrote:

Yes, I like her, too. I remember my musician brother-in-law and all his friends loving her when she first burst onto the scene back in the day. I have the original LP, not the remaster. Sounds great. She's still around, with a new record called Kicks (I haven't heard it yet), and she's currently on tour, Northeast US right now and then UK and Europe.

She recently came through Nashville and performed at City Winery (one of my fave venues). Unfortunately, I was not able to attend. Will try to catch her next time...hopefully she will be in town again soon.
Richardl60 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Richardl60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2019 at 7:26pm
Don’t laugh at this one please!  Monkees greatest hits (Friday Music) has all their best hits on it and unlike a CD I bought a few years ago very listenable.

Music (in my opinion very good), pressing good and other than a bit of recorded rumble between a few tracks sonically far better than I expected.  Wide image, good depth, pure with tight well controlled bass not lacking in any way.  I had expected it to appear over (or inadequately) produced- vocals a bit raw on an odd track - the recordings do vary a bit in production terms but a thoroughly enjoyable half hours listening and in a reality a good recording.

If you fancy the best of this is a good one to try.

Edited by Richardl60 - 07 Aug 2019 at 7:34pm
Pwog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pwog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2019 at 2:07am
I like the monkees 
Paul
Acoustic Research ES-1, Ortofon 2M Bronze, Ayre C-5xemp disc player, Dynaco SCA-35 (updated), Dynaco ST-70 (updated and modified), Revel performa M20, Accession M, CuSat 50 interconnects
smutly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smutly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2019 at 7:56pm
I like them too. Good, fun music. When I was a kid they were everything.
lwdykes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lwdykes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2019 at 8:53pm
Originally posted by smutly smutly wrote:

I like them too. Good, fun music. When I was a kid they were everything.

Me too. Was about 10 years old when they hit the scene. We kids in our neighborhood had a "wanna be" Monkees band with fake wood electric guitars we cut out. Everyone wanted to be Davy Jones because he had the longest hair! LOL
smutly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smutly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2019 at 12:43am
He had the longest hair, and the girls liked him best. Although at 10 years old you probably didn't care about that! I'm pretty sure I didn't!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 255256257258259 397>
  Share Topic