FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

What music has impressed you today?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 236237238239240 398>
Author
McHolmeM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McHolmeM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2017 at 9:52am
Originally posted by gekados gekados wrote:

Been listening to Jennifer Warnes (Famous Blue Raincoat) today.

Excellent choice. I've got the Impex reissue from 2015 which is an excellent pressing, albeit expensive. Probably give it a spin this weekend to hear what it sounds like through the new integrated installed a couple of days ago (a second hand Sonneteer Orton Mark III).
Gekados View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gekados Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2017 at 2:35pm
Originally posted by McHolmeM McHolmeM wrote:

Originally posted by gekados gekados wrote:

Been listening to Jennifer Warnes (Famous Blue Raincoat) today.

Excellent choice. I've got the Impex reissue from 2015 which is an excellent pressing, albeit expensive. Probably give it a spin this weekend to hear what it sounds like through the new integrated installed a couple of days ago (a second hand Sonneteer Orton Mark III).

Mine is an old swedish release, pretty decent recording. Would like it done on 180g though, from original tapes, not remaster :)

Another tip, that blew me away this morning is Prince, Grafitti Bridge. Historically not a Prince fan, but a friend of mine introduced his music. First on flac, which was okay. The vinyl is absolutely top notch production, wow !
I'm not harmful, just introspective. You can probably think I'm weird, but it's not harmful weird.
Fatmangolf View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2017 at 7:00pm
My FBR is second hand and shows how good standard vinyl can sound with a good recording well mastered onto vinyl.

I am listening to JB's Blow by Blow LP at the moment. I'm not sure I've ever heard side two sound this good despite a little crackle at the start.

Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
Chris Firth View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Firth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2017 at 9:47pm
Blow By Blow is superb.

Today I have been playing this

It's on Spotify spotify:album:7lTg8SDjsz3mXEWVpz9c1M
It's not currently available to buy this side of the Atlantic, but it will be available for 24/96 download from www.itrax.com in the not too distant.
You could also contact the artist direct (I did, which is how I found out about the  24/96 files).

Edited by Chris Firth - 04 Mar 2017 at 9:47pm
Gekados View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gekados Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2017 at 8:12pm
Just dug out an old John Fogerty album, Centerfield.
Hadn't heard anything from his solo career before.

It's a really great album, both music and his vocals are top notch.

Been impressed by a lot of music lately, but this was an unexpected pleasent surprise :)
I'm not harmful, just introspective. You can probably think I'm weird, but it's not harmful weird.
ServerBaboon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ServerBaboon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2017 at 6:06pm
Well last night really...

While having a listening session with some friends with a theme of acoustic a chance remark sent me ferreting about for this beauty which turned out to be the hit of the night.

This band had a huge affect on hip hop, along of course with the 'amen' break and James Brown.

Steve

-------------

Various bits of GSP Kit ..well two so far, unless you count the cables that is.
Drewan77 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drewan77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2017 at 8:45pm
Thumbs Up Great album Steve, I got a copy of the LP from Discogs last year & it's a fun listen.
Older than I once was, younger than I'll be
Andrew
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 236237238239240 398>
  Share Topic