FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Voyager headphone amplifer for sale

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Ash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2014 at 11:20am
I can personally confirm that the Samsung Note 3 recognises the Bitzie as soon as it is connected via OTG. I'm sticking to S3 due to smaller size and lower cost. There aren't too many very small devices that provide OTG USB for the Bitzie to operate which is why I had to resort to a phone. I reckon a phone+Bitzie combo, after several hours powered up, would decimate any DAP on the market. As for headphones, there are not many good ones IMO (I had to go vintage...) and you have to resort to earspeakers to get anything remotely close to the spatiality of a speaker setup. Just my thoughts.

Edited by Ash - 15 Jul 2014 at 11:23am
We do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
dillon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dillon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2014 at 12:51pm
Your thoughts are always appreciated by the forum Ash! Me too so no worries there. I guess the inconvenience of having to change SD cards all the time for my massive collection of lossless files is a -perhaps stoopid- issue for me lol. Of course using an external DAC bypasses the SQ issues of using a phone as a DAP so the Note 4 should in theory be perfectly fine wiv a Bitzie. After all how wrong can you go with the chip inside a Note sending out linear bitperfect digital 1s and 0s? I pray for the early advent of at least 260GB to 512GB SD cards! That would solve all my issues of capacity in one fell swoop. At present im running 2 x Ipod 7G 160GB on the go

Edited by dillon - 15 Jul 2014 at 12:54pm
Nottingham Analogue Hyperspace w Space Arm & Dynavector 10x5 HOMC/GSP Revelation M/John Sampson upgraded Meridian 508.24 CDP/Sony 777ES SACD/ProAc Response D18/GSP Solo ULDE/GSP cables and ICs
dillon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dillon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2014 at 1:44pm
Well after hearing your thoughts on the Bitzie Ash, Jon is sending me one for demo! Couldn't resist after what that little box of mega stardom called the Voyager did to my portable listening. The sound from my existing desktop Furutech and MDac is good - but my gosh the Voyager of all things stomps them both for soundstage and spacious three dimensionaliity! No joke. So I figure the weak link in my PC based system is the DAC as my Novo is lovely on its own of course. I wil also find out if my 650 and Audeze LCD 2 can be powered by it.

And actually how would one best connect up the Bitzie to Novo?

The Bitzie will hopefully serve as a good stop gap until I have funds for the Majestic.

Cheers

Dil
Nottingham Analogue Hyperspace w Space Arm & Dynavector 10x5 HOMC/GSP Revelation M/John Sampson upgraded Meridian 508.24 CDP/Sony 777ES SACD/ProAc Response D18/GSP Solo ULDE/GSP cables and ICs
Drewan77 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drewan77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2014 at 2:31pm
Originally posted by dillon dillon wrote:

The Bitzie packaging includes a stereo jack to twin phono out adaptor so it can be fed directly to an amp (ie Novo) via phono cables
Older than I once was, younger than I'll be
Andrew
Ash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2014 at 2:42pm

how would one best connect up the Bitzie to Novo?

I wouldn't.

The Bitzie doesn't need anything additional. Less is more, in this case. Just connect the headphone straight to the analogue output on the front face of the Bitzie. The sound will be purer if you do this. Adding Voyager or Novo amplification won't offer any sonic improvement. Perhaps adding a Solo SRGII or ULDE (either with PSU1) via a Lautus cable may enhance things but I cannot guarantee this. Sadly, Bitzie is USB only so it can only be used with computer devices, which is a bit of a shame but oh well.

Bitzie with Lautus USB cable is all you need to show up any other portable headphone equipment. Leave it powered on for at least a couple of hours and you will be amazed at what you hear...
We do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
dillon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dillon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2014 at 2:56pm
Originally posted by Drewan77 Drewan77 wrote:

The Bitzie packaging includes a stereo jack to twin phono out adaptor so it can be fed directly to an amp (ie Novo) via phono cables

Sorry gang - yups just found that out..cheers tho' Dre!
dillon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dillon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2014 at 3:01pm
Originally posted by Ash Ash wrote:

how would one best connect up the Bitzie to Novo?

I wouldn't.

The Bitzie doesn't need anything additional. Less is more, in this case. Just connect the headphone straight to the analogue output on the front face of the Bitzie. The sound will be purer if you do this. Adding Voyager or Novo amplification won't offer any sonic improvement. Perhaps adding a Solo SRGII or ULDE (either with PSU1) via a Lautus cable may enhance things but I cannot guarantee this. Sadly, Bitzie is USB only so it can only be used with computer devices, which is a bit of a shame but oh well.

Bitzie with Lautus USB cable is all you need to show up any other portable headphone equipment. Leave it powered on for at least a couple of hours and you will be amazed at what you hear...

Ah cheers Ash. Yeah that does make sense and really great to know its that capable. I did demo the ULDE a few months ago...that is also on my list to buy. I wholly agree its a shame Bitzie she done gone only USB but can live with that till His Majesty turns up.   
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic