FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

USB cable burn-in?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
Graham Slee View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Graham Slee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2013 at 6:59pm
Thank you for your confidence in me and for your order.

Graham
That none should be able to buy or sell without a smartphone and the knowledge in how to use apps
Ash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2013 at 12:12am
Yes, when I get the Bitzie, I shall order the bundle as well. An audio chain can only be as strong as the weakest aspect of the system, after all.

Edited by Nuance_Ember - 21 Mar 2013 at 12:13am
mitch65 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mitch65 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2013 at 6:57am
Originally posted by Nuance_Ember Nuance_Ember wrote:

Yes, when I get the Bitzie, I shall order the bundle as well. An audio chain can only be as strong as the weakest aspect of the system, after all.

I'm really trying to wait until the loaner arrives but all this talk is making it difficult.........againWink
The bundle makes sense from a financial point of view and probably from a synergy point of view as well.
Greg

Rega Planer 3
Gram Amp 2
Audiolab 8000A
Auralic Aries Mini
Russell K 50
morris_minor View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote morris_minor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2013 at 8:21am
Originally posted by mitch65 mitch65 wrote:

The bundle makes sense from a financial point of view and probably from a synergy point of view as well.
 Definitely! Not only the Lautus USB, but I found that the CuSat50/Proprius/Spatia combination has great synergy  . . . 
Bob

Majestic DAC/pre-amp
Accession MC/Enigma, Accession MM, Reflex M, Elevator EXP, Era Gold V
Solo ULDE, Novo, Lautus USB and digital, Libran balanced, CuSat50
2 x Proprius + Spatia/Spatia Links
Ash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2013 at 10:23am
I'm confident that Graham has enough experience with cables now that he knows which types are most suitable for particular applications. In the case of connecting the Bitzie DAC to a computer, the user simply needs a cable that is "transparent", which won't alter the signals at any point. Every material has its own resistivity, inductance, capacitance and resonant frequency values so Graham would only try to select a cable that would leave the input signal as unaltered as possible. However, the Bitzie input may be limited by contacts and metallic conductor types inside the computer, before the Lautus USB cable goes to the Bitzie. I'm not sure.
Humboldt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Humboldt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2013 at 9:59pm
Originally posted by Graham Slee Graham Slee wrote:

Why don't you try the Lautus USB? It's available on the loaner program.

Graham

This evening I received the Bitzie DAC and the Lautus USB cable. I have just briefly listened to the DAC, and will not say anything about it for the moment. But, I also connected the Lautus USB cable into my old equipment to have a direct comparison with my old cable. O Boy, I had expected a very good cable, but this cable is spectacular. It is almost incredible. And, so you just know, I am comparing it with a well known supposed to be very high end USB cable. The Lautus is an absolute bargain if you ask me for my opinion. I am going to order a second cable.  
Ash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2013 at 11:00pm
I'm going to order the Bitzie bundle tomorrow. I have no reason to keep waiting; I'm just being lazy. LOL It's definitely going to be worth its £400 value. Then I can write a comprehensive review for it in a few weeks, with some pictures maybe. I want to do Graham the honour of seeing a detailed, full review of his Bitzie after all of his efforts.

Edited by morris_minor - 28 Mar 2013 at 8:37am
We do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
  Share Topic