FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Topic ClosedUK loan programme

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 53>
Author
Fatmangolf View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2011 at 9:13pm
Thank you but I would give credit to tg for his thorough how to with pictures.

Incidentally I posted a review of the Gram Amp 2 Special Edition in this thread: http://www.gspaudio-community.activeboards.net/gram-amp-2se_topic1226_post9459.html#9459 It may be of interest to members.

Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
oldagetraveller View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2011 at 8:38am
"Thank you but I would give credit to tg for his thorough how to with pictures"
Absolutely. All it needs now is a remote soldering control facility. I'm more at home with a big hammer!Smile

Edited by oldagetraveller - 26 Nov 2011 at 8:41am
Peter

P T- LPT/RB300/G1042, Pink Triangle Tarantella/Nima/Ortofon 2M Black, SL1210II, Naim CD5, NAC112, NAP150, Flatcap2, Proac SC1, GS SoloUL,GS Accession , Senn HD250 & HD540.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2011 at 3:10pm
I'd like to express a thank you to Fatmangolf for co-ordinating the U.K. loan programme. To our sponsor a special thanks for providing his products and allowing people to try his products in their own homes and set up for two weeks. Thumbs Up

Edited by oldagetraveller - 30 Nov 2011 at 3:11pm
Peter

P T- LPT/RB300/G1042, Pink Triangle Tarantella/Nima/Ortofon 2M Black, SL1210II, Naim CD5, NAC112, NAP150, Flatcap2, Proac SC1, GS SoloUL,GS Accession , Senn HD250 & HD540.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2011 at 11:50am
My loan Elevator (E) and Reflex M (R) were returned earlier this week. Not many, if any, manufacturers will provide this facility which is far better when when able to use the stuff in one's own system and home rather than in a dealer's listening room, which will be totally different and usually contain lots of other equipment.
I understand the R had approx. 300 hrs under it's belt when I received it and the E was unused. So the R will now have around 500 hrs and the E around 200.
Even at 500 hours I suspect the R still needs a few more hours to be at it's best. Last Sunday afternoon it appeared to have "lost the plot" for a time, sounding bright with a loss of bass, but Sunday evening had returned to it's old self again.
The E has improved consistently over the 200 hours. It did sound pretty grim initially but eventually started to improve as burn in progressed. I'm sure that, also, will improve further as the hours are added.
I would heartily recommend both these products, either as a connected pair for low output MC cartridges or individually. The R for MM and high output MC cartridges and the E used in conjunction with the R or dare I say even another manufacturers MM phono stage?
Having now returned to using my ERA Gold, as good as it is, I would hazard that the R is a superior product.
Not really relevant to the musicality of these two, but an indication of their excellence, at the start of a track of The Doors lp I detected the drummer picking up his sticks, one of those "never heard that before" moments!

Edited by oldagetraveller - 01 Dec 2011 at 1:34pm
Peter

PBlackburn View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2011 at 12:47pm
Hello,

I've been looking into getting a phono stage for my setup and admit to being inexperienced in this fieldEmbarrassed but have done some research on the internet and most indicators seem to point quite strongly towards the Graham Slee products. 

I have emailed Graham Slee with a few enquiries and he has been exceptionally helpful and detailed in response, certainly gives confidence in the product attention to detail when the advice is so considered and detailed. 

Graham had mentioned that there was a loaner programme which was also available to non owners so I wanted to see if it was possible to try a couple of products? My current setup is particularly modest compared to some I'm sure. I have a Project Classic turntable with an Ortofon 510mkii Cartridge which is currently running through the phono stage on my Rega Mira amp then going to my Tannoy 633 speakers. To me it's a decent sound but then there's always room for improvement right!

Anyway, I wanted to see if it's possible and how much shipping would be to try the Era Gold V and the Reflex M phono stages?

Thanks for your time,

Paul.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2011 at 1:12pm
Welcome Paul. I'm sure if you contact Fatmangolf (he's co-ordinating the U.K. loan programme) via the messaging system he'll advise of the approximate costs, availability and procedure.
I'm sure he'll be along soon to answer your post.
The items are sent Royal Mail Special Delivery and you would be responsible for costs involved sending the gear back by Special Delivery to Fatmangolf plus re-imbursing him the cost of sending the stuff to you. I just placed cash in an envelope inside the return parcel.
I've actually ordered an Elevator and Reflex M after having them loaned to me for two weeks.
I think you'll find a separate phono stage will be a revelation compared to that built in to your amp!

Edited by oldagetraveller - 13 Dec 2011 at 1:17pm
Peter

Fatmangolf View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2011 at 8:43pm
Oldagetraveller is right in  most of the details. Please PM me when you are ready!
The Reflex M is excellent in my opinion also.
Best wishes
Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 53>
  Share Topic