FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Club

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee audio product wishing to use our loaner program: join here
Subscribe to our newsletter here (Rules on posting can be found here)

Turntables and Hum

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Graham Slee View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Telling it as it is

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Graham Slee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2021 at 4:17pm
You've heard the saying "it takes a man to admit..." (apologies to the woke reader)

Please can you verify which I think I might have read

"I don’t use shielded interconnects"

This is not to ridicule you in any way, but you will have been the first ever to man-up.

And it is very important that we see this in the context of getting any system to behave properly.
Not simple enough for Google-Bot to understand...
Pushpaw View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pushpaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2021 at 4:57pm
yes it is very true. I don’t use shielded interconnects and I’m not afraid to say it. Has always been part of the plan to acquire some but haven’t pulled the trigger yet. 

I’ll make 2021 the year of the Shield. 
P******t Debut Carbon, Goldring 1042, GS Accession MM w/Enigma, GS Solo ULDE w/PSU1, Sennheiser HD6XX, Technics SU-800 IA, Castle Knight 1, PS Audio Ultimate Outlet
Graham Slee View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Telling it as it is

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Graham Slee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2021 at 5:22pm
Originally posted by Pushpaw Pushpaw wrote:

yes it is very true. I don’t use shielded interconnects and I’m not afraid to say it. Has always been part of the plan to acquire some but haven’t pulled the trigger yet. 

I’ll make 2021 the year of the Shield. 

David, you have done high fidelity a massive favour - a much needed reset from the propagandists who have brought so much displeasure - those working the rot from the inside which has done so much harm to our extremely important recreational activity.

The times I have been accused of making noisy products by people using unshielded interconnects is more than enough to test any man's resolve.

Thank you.
Not simple enough for Google-Bot to understand...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic