FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Turntable dust cover

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
Fatmangolf View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2015 at 8:16am
Thanks for this lead.
Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
Suggs View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suggs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2015 at 8:57am
You're right, each piece has small slots the small screws merely hold the thing together
Derek
oldagetraveller View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldagetraveller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2015 at 11:42am
The bespoke cover for my PT Tarantella is shown here. http://audio-forum.gspaudio.co.uk/i-show-mine-you-show-me-yours_topic1780_page7.html
It was made to my drawing/dimensions by http://plasticonline.co.uk/homewares/hi-fi.html Very durable, it's about 10 years old now. They made a mistake with the rear cable cut out and the customer service was faultless. They arranged pick up and re-delivery at their cost.
I can't remember the price but it wasn't cheap! However, not gold plated prices.

Peter

P T- LPT/RB300/G1042, Pink Triangle Tarantella/Nima/Ortofon 2M Black, SL1210II, Naim CD5, NAC112, NAP150, Flatcap2, Proac SC1, GS SoloUL,GS Accession , Senn HD250 & HD540.
Nigechap View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nigechap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2015 at 8:48pm
Wow got back from work and some great websites to try, Thanks guys, Will have to do some pricing up now and see which one er indoors likes of course.
Nigel, Bristol U.K.
Nigechap View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nigechap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2015 at 9:00pm
What is the normal thickness to ensure rigidty? Oldaged traveller, Suggs, do you know what thickness material yours are made from please?
Nigel, Bristol U.K.
Suggs View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suggs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2015 at 8:09am
Mine (the SORA one) is 4mm thick
Derek
oldagetraveller View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldagetraveller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2015 at 12:18pm
If I remember correctly there was a choice of thickness but mine, is 4mm thick.
I like the screwed together idea too, rather than just relying on an adhesive, which could possibly degrade over time.
I also had one made for my Little Pink Thing but that is 3mm thick on purpose, for reducing it's weight and allow for it being hinged.

Edited by oldagetraveller - 20 Sep 2015 at 12:25pm
Peter

P T- LPT/RB300/G1042, Pink Triangle Tarantella/Nima/Ortofon 2M Black, SL1210II, Naim CD5, NAC112, NAP150, Flatcap2, Proac SC1, GS SoloUL,GS Accession , Senn HD250 & HD540.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic