FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Trichord Dino Vs Slee Era gold V

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
beachcomber View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beachcomber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Trichord Dino Vs Slee Era gold V
    Posted: 30 Jan 2019 at 3:32pm
Hi,
 I'm new to the site and looking to upgrade the phono stage . Have been using Trichord Dino Mk1 plus upgraded power supply for three years now and after a spell running MC's have now settled on MM cartridges. Am thinking about changing to Era Gold V. My current system: AT150sa, Origin live modded Rega251, Technics 1210 mk 3. Dynaudio BM6's.
Has anyone any experience with running these two phono stages? I am trying to achieve a sweeter mid/top sound from the system. I have bags of detail and not that happy with the slight hardness to soprano voices etc. I have very limited finances and would appreciate any advice on the subject.
Many thanks
Richardl60 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Richardl60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2019 at 5:56pm
Welcome.  My first experience with Graham slee products was a dealer demo which included the Era Gold V and diablo + 1 other around 9 years ago?

The Era gold v & elevator was the one that sounded "right' whereas the others didn't quite. Needless to say I bough the era gold/elevator combo before upgrading to the Revelation and now Accession-each an incremental improvement particularly the Accession. 

Since you are very familiar with the Dino why not PM Jon (fatmangolf) for a home demo?  This should enable you to quickly draw the right conclusions.  Depending on your budget you may want up consider the reflex m also (Accession also if in budget).

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

patientot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote patientot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2019 at 7:08pm
No experience with Trichord products, however I do agree a home demo is best. 

If I had the time and patience I would've liked to test the Era Gold vs. the Reflex vs. Accession all at the same time but ended up listening to recommendations and what made the most sense for me. 

Very happy with my Reflex and would recommend demoing one if you can. 

Fernando View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Fernando Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2019 at 5:12pm
Both are very good and are iconic.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic