FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Club

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee audio product wishing to use our loaner program: join here
Subscribe to our newsletter here (Rules on posting can be found here)

Accession MC Review

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
lfc jon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lfc jon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Accession MC Review
    Posted: 22 May 2020 at 7:44am
Hi Matthew

yes they arrived on Tuesday and Wednesday. Been on night shift this week so I've played them in the afternoon. one of them got a pound off the Record Shop said that the cover was not in ex condition as advertised  GOOD on them. I thought it was OK and would have paid the full price  as advertised.
Not Complaining. WILL use them again, Good customer service goes a long way in keeping your customers coming back

Jonathan 

Pro-j tt,Ortofon 2m Bronze cart,Audiolab 8300CD,GS Reflex M. Solo headphone amp both with PSU1,MF M2si amp,Monitor audio silver 100 speakers, Atlas cables
Pike on the fly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Pike on the fly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2020 at 2:32pm
My Accession, Enigma & Lautus arrived Today, I even fitted a new shelf especially for it 😎 
Plugged in & warming up, I’m happy...

Has Joe Jackson arrived yet Jonathan? I seem to be getting them through the post daily at the moment! & still ordering, gotta keep the independents running in these hard times.

‘The Name of this Band is Talking Heads’ has gone down rather well.

Back to films for a sec. Very different watching.
Big Easy Express is just bands on a train.
Into the Wild is an amazing & moving true story. Great sound track is a bonus.
& 1 more different one is 
‘August Rush’ Probably classed as a drama I guess, not normally my type of film. But about a young boy with great musical talent, coming to terms with his abilities, good story & music.
Best I can come up with in Science fiction is War of the worlds.

Not sure how long till I can resist putting an album on 😁
How’s where’s that Joe Bonamassa Album.....

Matthew

lfc jon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lfc jon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2020 at 12:36am
Matthew
Not into films like that but I do like Blade Runner and I did buy the sound track years later. i think it was on tape  i got rid of all my tapes when I started collecting CDs (and my vinyl) regret it now ie my vinyl. But you know when you are young you get what's new and you think that's the way forward.
I found a copy of Joe Jackson's live 1980/86 on vinyl the seller said it's like new plus 2 other live albums by JJ so that's 7 albums i have on order. this lockdown is costing me a fortune. your right about the cost 2nd hand a mate of mind got a copy of a album 2nd hand and found out it was cheaper reissue new he was not happy (can't think the album) it was a few years ago 
Jonathan

Pro-j tt,Ortofon 2m Bronze cart,Audiolab 8300CD,GS Reflex M. Solo headphone amp both with PSU1,MF M2si amp,Monitor audio silver 100 speakers, Atlas cables

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pike on the fly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2020 at 5:13pm
Jon
Same thoughts here, been scouring the internet for all sorts of vinyl.
Been looking for vinyl version of CD’s that I have always really enjoyed. Probably because my TT just sounds so good now, not sure I’m going to be playing to many CD’s..! 

Last two finds, were ‘Head & the Heart’ & ‘Edward sharpe & the magnetic zeros’, their delivery is awaited.
(Edward Sharpe was in the film ‘big easy express’ with munford & sons, & old crow medicine show, a good watch)
I’m amazed at the price of some 2nd hand. Been cataloguing my collection to kill some time & as an example, my 2017 Eddie Vedder album, ‘Into the wild’ £125 2nd hand & up to nearly £500 for a sealed copy... Seems a bit mental (into the wild, another great film)

Hey maybe we should have a thread for good music films to watch in the lockdown..

Matthew

Edited by Pike on the fly - 15 May 2020 at 5:15pm
lfc jon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lfc jon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2020 at 4:17pm
I have just found out it did
now going see if I can get a copy
lfc jon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lfc jon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2020 at 4:09pm
Hi Matthew
On the album front 
I thought not being able to go to the Pub ( because of Lockdown) I would save a lot of £££s but I to have been spending on new vinyl got 4 albums in the last 4 weeks and 4 more on the way and I'm looking at buying more, 2nd hand this time one of which is Joe Jackson  live 1980/86. a live recording of his world tour. Came out in 1988 (Don't know if it came out on vinyl yet) so I'm going to look it up on the internet.
Still we are keeping the Record shops going in these hard times. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pike on the fly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2020 at 1:56pm
hi Jon
Indeed I will be a happy person when things are all setup. I still have the luxury of the loan for a day or 2 more, so still wading through many albums.
I’m enjoying lots of things that I used to feel I could take or leave, everything I put on is just so engaging. Didn’t mention much about the low end in the review, it’s just so tight now, no smothering out of anything else.
Bank balance warning though, bought 14 new albums in the last 10 days!!

& as for any Future thoughts.... I’m trying hard not to... but a small niggling voice in my head keeps saying, a majestic & a couple of Proprius mono blocks on loan in the future when everything has settled down, must be worth a listen 😁

Matthew
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic