FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Try to DIY a power amplifier

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Nammmin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nammmin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Try to DIY a power amplifier
    Posted: 19 Oct 2017 at 10:27am
As an amateur, I like to make some little projects by myself and found a lot of fun. Here I want to share a project I've made. It is to DIY a power amplifier.Have a read then~

Chassis Dimensions
  • Front/Rear panel: 300 x 75 x 8mm
  • Top/Bottom: 220 x 160 x 3mm
  • Heatsinks: 160 x 75 x 50mm
  • 10 x 3mm ridge cut in heatsink on the table saw.
Build Pics
This is a simple chassis using just 4 aluminium panels and 2 heatsinks. Designed around dimensions to tightly pack in a LM3886 chip amp kit.

The top and bottom pannels sit in ridges cut into the heatsinks with a table saw, and then the front and back panels just bolt into the end fins.

Rear panel fixings are held with M3 nut and bolts, and panels that join to the heatsinks are held by M4 bolts tapped directly into the heatsinks so no additional brackets are required.

Heatsinks are 75 x 160 x 50mm with a 10mm thick base.

Front and back panels are 8mm, and top/bottom 3mm.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic