FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Club

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee audio product wishing to use our loaner program: join here
Subscribe to our newsletter here (Rules on posting can be found here)

What music has impressed you today?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 282>
Author
chapsjon View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chapsjon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What music has impressed you today?
    Posted: 14 Jun 2020 at 12:26pm
Followed up Eva Cassidy with Dire Straits (self-titled), original Japanese pressing. Amazing copy, and amazing record. One of the things I love most about my Jazz Club phonostage is completely black background: immersive.
chapsjon View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chapsjon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2020 at 11:40am
Listening to all 32 track of Eva Cassidy "Nightbird" on 7 LPs at 45RPM. I am amazed. Being a musician, I can hardly believe The first 31 tracks were all recorded live with one take by a mobile recording truck at a club in DC in 1996. She and the band are amazing. And she said she didn't think it was her best because she had a cold! This is so good, I almost feel that I am there!
chapsjon View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chapsjon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2020 at 11:37am
I too like the Raising Sand Album. A big fan of both Robert Plant and Alison Krauss. Who would have ever though they'd go together so well?
fluddite View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fluddite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2020 at 9:29pm
You won't be disappointed! Smile
patientot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patientot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2020 at 6:12pm
Originally posted by fluddite fluddite wrote:

The Zombies - Odessey and Oracle - as disc 2 of the Epic twofer Time of the Zombies from the early/mid 70s. Someone on the Hoffman forums suggested this was the best way to pick up a UK stereo version from something like the original masters - and it does indeed sound much better IMHO than my Big Beat 30th Anniversary Edition.

Reason for choice - in memoriam Terry Quirk, the man who gave us that memorable misspelling of "Odyssey" in the first place: http://https://ultimateclassicrock.com/terry-quirk-zombies-dies/

Love that album. Definitely would like to hear that version - read good things about it as well. 
Reflex M + PSU-1 used with AT VM95ML, Stanton 680mkII + Ogura, and Shure M35X cartridges.
fluddite View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fluddite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2020 at 6:03pm
The Zombies - Odessey and Oracle - as disc 2 of the Epic twofer Time of the Zombies from the early/mid 70s. Someone on the Hoffman forums suggested this was the best way to pick up a UK stereo version from something like the original masters - and it does indeed sound much better IMHO than my Big Beat 30th Anniversary Edition.

Reason for choice - in memoriam Terry Quirk, the man who gave us that memorable misspelling of "Odyssey" in the first place: http://https://ultimateclassicrock.com/terry-quirk-zombies-dies/
rockyboris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rockyboris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2020 at 4:58am
Raising Sand 
Robert Plant and Allison Krause

If you like bass it will blow you away.
GSP Majestic Enigma PSU1
GSP Proprius
GSP Accession M Enigma PSU1
GSP interconnects
Rega Planar 6 Exact2 Cart
Klipsch Heresy Mark 4
Audio Arts cables
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 282>
  Share Topic