FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Club

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee audio product wishing to use our loaner program: join here
Subscribe to our newsletter here (Rules on posting can be found here)

Thinking about a 1200G

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
JonThurston View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JonThurston Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2019 at 8:26am
I own the Technics but I don't own the wall, hence no shelf.
Technics SL 1200G w/AT VM750SH - CuSat50 - Accession MM - Marantz PM6006 - ULDE - Sennheiser HD600 - Monitor Audio Bronze 5
Old skool View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Old skool Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2019 at 8:36am
Ah, I assumed as much. 

One would hope a DJ deck would be pretty much immune to sound waves and vibrations?
Is the pursuit High Fidelity a sign of mental illness??
I think so....
JonThurston View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JonThurston Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2019 at 10:53am
The Technics 1200G does seem pretty accomplished in this regard - the damped footers can move laterally as well as vertically, and the constrained layer principle of the chassis with the overall mass I assume must be helping matters (?).

Certainly the 'table is way more impervious than the Rega RP8 I previously had, and the Clearaudio Concept was actually unusable.

Years ago I lived on an old Dutch barge moored on the Thames in central London. I had a cheapo Project Debut Carbon at the time and I must say the river isolated things nicely Big smile

Edited by JonThurston - 28 Jan 2019 at 10:55am
Technics SL 1200G w/AT VM750SH - CuSat50 - Accession MM - Marantz PM6006 - ULDE - Sennheiser HD600 - Monitor Audio Bronze 5
Richardl60 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richardl60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2019 at 12:06pm
floating suspension John?  
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic