FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Technics linear trackers like SL-7

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 22>
Author
ICL1P View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ICL1P Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2021 at 11:26am
With mine, I use the original Technics cartridge with a Jico SAS stylus.
Ifor
=====
Reflex M & ACCESSION M, CuSat50, Majestic DAC, a Proprius pair.
morris_minor View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote morris_minor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2021 at 3:55pm
Originally posted by ICL1P ICL1P wrote:

With mine, I use the original Technics cartridge with a Jico SAS stylus.
That's a killer combo, Ifor!
Bob

Majestic DAC/pre-amp
Accession MC/Enigma, Accession MM, Reflex M, Elevator EXP, Era Gold V
Solo ULDE, Novo, Lautus USB and digital, Libran balanced, CuSat50
2 x Proprius + Spatia/Spatia Links
Fatmangolf View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2021 at 4:57pm
I must admit the LP Gear option was cheaper and that I may later go down the Jico SAS route like you have Ifor.
Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2021 at 7:57pm
That said I am pretty happy with my V series cartridge with Shibata stylus. Right now I am listening to a Julian Bream album from the 1960's and it sounds pretty good. So did the albums I played yesterday.
Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2021 at 8:22pm
I'm enjoying my SL-7 and LP Gear cartridge a lot. Very good sound through all the records I've played and it's great to hear inner tracks without any distortion.

Jon

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2021 at 7:39pm
To suit my tastes the Accession M was very helpful. I went for 0pF added capacitance and the US eq option that cuts the treble slightly.

Jon

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2021 at 8:53am
I just made a polarity inverting power lead for the 12 volt input of my SL-7. Clearly that allows me to use s standard + tip PSU with the SL-7 so I set my SL1210 supply on 12V.

As expected the music sounds the same. i will leave the SL-7 on and see whether it gets warm. Later I will see if there is any difference in the noise floor.

Jon

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 22>
  Share Topic