FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Switching between TTs

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
ICL1P View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ICL1P Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2018 at 12:54pm
Originally posted by McHolmeM McHolmeM wrote:

Very smart unit, Ifor.

I was minded of my first piece of hi-fi furniture which was also a bespoke unit manufactured very local to you in the village of Clanfield. 

It was a 3-tiered unit in elm - there was a lot of elm available in the late 70s due to the prevalence of the Dutch disease - with a Pioneer turntable on top, an A & R A60 in the middle and record storage below.
The other guy I had round to pitch for the job was Nick Olliffe from Clanfield. Is this who built your unit?
Ifor
=====
Reflex M & ACCESSION M, CuSat50, Majestic DAC, a Proprius pair.
McHolmeM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McHolmeM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2018 at 1:31pm
Maybe, but too many years ago for me to remember, Ifor. 

As the system expanded the bespoke elm unit wasn't big enough to accommodate all the additional boxes and was replaced in 1997. 

Malcolm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic