FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Speaker recommendations for Proprius?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
RichardSwan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RichardSwan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Speaker recommendations for Proprius?
    Posted: 03 May 2021 at 7:15pm
Hi there,

Grateful for advice on potential speakers to get....

I have a pretty high end Origin Live Turntable system, going through the GS Accession MC phono amp and the Solo Ultra Linear Headphone amp.  I have been super-impressed.  I have now taken the step of ordering a pair of Proprius, based on numerous recommendations.  I assume I will come out of the variable output on the Accession MC, straight into the Proprius, and use the volume pot on the Accession?

I'm looking for some speaker recommendations.  I have a very healthy budget, a few thousand quid, but would (of course) be happy only spending an appropriate sum :)

I understand power rating is only 25WPC into 8 ohms, but John has kindly said that the amps will drive pretty much anything.  I have my eyes on Kef Reference 1's on stands, maybe Sonos Faber Sonetto V's.

I'm keen on floor or stand mounts.  I'm in a room that is 18' x 18' with a 10' ceiling height.  Speakers would be circa 8 to 10 feet apart.

Grateful for any suggestions you might have.

best, Richard
Origin Live Sovereign, Origin Live Enterprise (12"), Lyra Kleos, Accession MC, Solo Ultra Linear DE
CageyH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CageyH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2021 at 7:40pm
What do you have now?
My advice would be to find a friendly dealer, audition some speakers, and try the shortlisted ones in your own home.
Kevin
European loan coordinator, based near Toulouse, France.
CageyH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CageyH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2021 at 7:46pm
As the KEF Reference 1 are £6.5k, is the recommendation a few £k, or similar price to the Reference 1?
Kevin
European loan coordinator, based near Toulouse, France.
Godra View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Godra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2021 at 10:45pm
If you are already interested in KEF, I would take a look at Tannoy or Fyne speakers also. 
Clearaudio Performance DC with Clarify tonearm + Virtuoso V2, Tannoy Legacy Eaton, Accession MM and BAT VK300Xse
ICL1P View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ICL1P Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2021 at 10:51pm
reference fidelity components?

I know nothing, but I’ve read good things.
Ifor
=====
Reflex M & ACCESSION M, CuSat50, Majestic DAC, a Proprius pair.
Graham Slee View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Graham Slee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2021 at 11:04pm
That none should be able to buy or sell without a smartphone and the knowledge in how to use apps
Sylvain View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sylvain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2021 at 6:18am
My feelings and experience cause me to believe that  ''Wattage'  is only relevant for Volume but also dynamics and transients. I use Proprius with Focal ARIA 936 metre tall 5 drivers @92db but also to it's Focal 726 stand mounted in a 4 x5 metres lounge and flat surface ceiling and corners to be redecorated with battens. 
25 watts and CD 2.5 output requires attenuation but Elton John Rock Saturday night and Sarah Vaughn and Harry Bellafonte  or Harry Connick Jnr sing true natural and with depth. However, I have three different sets of speaker cables to add a small but good tweak to output.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic