FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Source of the problem

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Bradders View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bradders Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2017 at 9:20am
Thanks for taking the time out to and explain this it makes perfect sense now. Its a great explanation, although I don't come here often I know this is the place to get the 'real deal' not a 137 pages of dross.
Thank you and the others for help me to understand this subject.SmileSmile
Bradders View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bradders Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2017 at 11:24am
I guess the next question is whats considered to be the best source out there?

Chris Firth View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Firth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2017 at 11:31am
Squeezebox Touch Smile
Fatmangolf View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2017 at 8:51pm
Agree with Chris. I've improved the DAC, the digital cables, the PSU, and the music server. The Touch just gets better showing its quality as a source. It's also fun to use!
Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
Bradders View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bradders Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2017 at 8:47am
Thanks again, I've looked the squeezebox up and its a server which takes music from either a memory stick or a laptop on the wireless  system? I've not tried this but can I have my laptop on imusic? if yes then I can use the squeeze box to access imusic or is it a play only stored music deal?
Fatman golf I assume you've improved the dac by using an external dac like a majestic?

I guess I'm asking how you have it hooked up?
Drewan77 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drewan77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2017 at 6:59am
Squeezebox devices use their own proprietary software & can be linked to your music storage on various devices in the home as you mention, including your iTunes library. The software does have a wide range of plugins including internet radio but because iMusic is a separate music player/interface in its own right, I am not aware of a way to access internet streamed iMusic via the Touch.

You could connect both a Touch & the laptop to the Majestic, the former giving the highest quality downloaded playback (depending on source file quality) & the latter to access iMusic.

An alternative which may be more appropriate for you is to use the Bitzie external DAC with your laptop + iPad & iPhone (via the lightning camera connector). This will result in all three devices performing well above their native state including with iMusic.

I'm overseas at the moment & am using an iPhone/IPad mini/headphones via the Bitzie and the quality never ceases to amaze me. At home I use the Touch into a Majestic but if I connect the Bitzie into my main system, sound quality is very close.

Answering your question about hookup - in  my case, it's a Synology server via wireless network, 2 x 3TB drives. FLAC files, Touch => Majestic via digital Lautus coax.
Older than I once was, younger than I'll be
Andrew
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic