FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Sorbothane - laser cutting

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
ICL1P View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ICL1P Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2021 at 9:06am
Originally posted by Fatmangolf Fatmangolf wrote:

I recently put some Pr#!@!$t feet (sorry they were cheap!) under the corners of my SL1210 and they are something like sorbothane, 40mm diameter and 12mm high. Would that help?

i need to be able to adjust the height.
Ifor
=====
Reflex M & ACCESSION M, CuSat50, Majestic DAC, a Proprius pair.
BackinBlack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote BackinBlack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2021 at 11:06am
Ifor, I've used both sheet and hemispheres from here: https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/Malvern-Hills-Audio/Sorbothane-Feet-Sheet-Pads/_i.html?_storecat=487009419&_pgn=2
Quite a selection of sizes and thicknesses which may suit for your armboard.
When supporting plinths or other heavy(ish) items on compliant feet, such as Sorbothane I find the centre of gravity and place the feet equidistant around it to help help levelling. I usually make sure the shelf/rack is level first, rather than levelling the equipment on adjustable feet. Fine adjustment of level can be made by moving individual feet towards/away from the CG.
By placing the feet evenly around the CG the load on each support is the same and compression/settling due to weight is the same for each. I usually use only 3 feet as it's much easier to balance the load, even under my old solid 16Kg Garrard 401 plinth!
Just listen, if it sounds good to you, enjoy it.
ICL1P View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ICL1P Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2021 at 11:15am
Thanks Ian. The one thing I can’t do is level the shelf. It’s evolving with age.
Ifor
=====
BackinBlack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BackinBlack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2021 at 11:23am
I think quite a few of us here understand the ravages of age!
Might a level adjustable sub-plinth help?
Just listen, if it sounds good to you, enjoy it.
ICL1P View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ICL1P Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2021 at 10:41pm
Originally posted by BackinBlack BackinBlack wrote:

Might a level adjustable sub-plinth help?
It probably would, but I would rather not.
Ifor
=====
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic