FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

A REAL Hi-Fi Owners' Club Forum With REAL Members and a Loaner Program to Prove It!

A rule of fairness:
When other manufacturers websites allow people to recommend our products instead of their own then people can do the same here, but please not before! Such posts will be deleted.
See terms and conditions here...

Solo SRGII, a little box of wonders

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Graham Slee View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Pushing the boundaries

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Graham Slee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2017 at 5:23pm
All my designs have been developed to work with one another as well as with other kit, so the Novo will sound good if a little less precise than a Solo. It will smooth over the "cracks" a little where the Solo will just present it all on a plate. This is usually a good thing... Wink

The PSU1 has current a plenty for the dual use, but in every case where a power supply is shared there always will be some slight modulation even though I've never been able to measure it. In place of measurement we have ears and it's worth using them. Wink
There are only two things to stop you being a success in life and they're both called Google - Notions are not solutions!
Gijo1977 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gijo1977 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2017 at 12:26pm
Graham,

Thanks for your info again. I have now ordered the Accession through Wyndham Audio here in Aus, directly as a result of the Loaner program. so thank you and the guys at Wyndham.

So I will now await that product and then work out what my ears need in terms of Headphone amplification.. probably through the loaner program again :)

And for my ears... what does modulation sound like? This critical listening is new to me! But thankfully I found your equipment. 
Graham Slee View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Pushing the boundaries

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Graham Slee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2017 at 7:13am
When something bugs you about your music but it doesn't when using individual PSU1s.

Just borrow a PSU1 from Wyndham Audio when you have the shared PSU1 set-up installed. Make sure the loan PSU1 has been on for around three days. Swap over at the DC plugs and listen again.

If you nothing bugs you then it's OK by me, and you've saved yourself some money to buy more music with.

There are only two things to stop you being a success in life and they're both called Google - Notions are not solutions!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic