FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Setup improvements

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Topendz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Topendz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Setup improvements
    Posted: 31 Jan 2021 at 1:06pm
Hello there Simon here. I’m new to the vinyl community with the following setup Fluance RT84 with 2m Blue MM cartridge, Fluance PA10 preamp and Fluance Ai60 active speakers. Nothing fancy but generally good enough for my use. Having said that I’m looking to improve the overall sound, crispness and clarity while eliminating the occasional hum I experience. I’m assuming the pre-amp should be my first upgrade would everyone agree. Looking for recommendations on which model. The PA10 is not bad based on my limited knowledge so I’m thinking maybe the entry level Graham Slee will not give me significant improvement.’
lfc jon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote lfc jon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2021 at 2:51pm
Hi Simon
Don't dismiss the Communicator a lot on here are vary happy with it and also have up graded it with the PSU1 power supply, one thing you will notice with all GS phono amps is the low back ground noise, you know the pops and things. try out the loaner program and see (hear) for your self

Jonathan
Reflex M, Solo (both with PSU-1) CuSat50, Lautus, Spatia & Spatia links cables. Ortofon Bronze.
Topendz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Topendz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2021 at 4:40pm
Thanks Jonathan sounds like sound advise. The loaner program sounds perfect. Yes the communicator does sound good with the enhanced power supply but I’m so confused I think to experience it is really my best option

Edited by Topendz - 31 Jan 2021 at 4:41pm
lfc jon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote lfc jon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2021 at 6:54pm
I should have add that if you go for the loan of the Communicator see if you can get both power supply's then you can make up your mind if the PSU1 is worth going for, I think you will be surprised?
I'll tell you I got a surprise with the low noise from my 1st GS phono amp them came the sound quality.             
Reflex M, Solo (both with PSU-1) CuSat50, Lautus, Spatia & Spatia links cables. Ortofon Bronze.
patientot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patientot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2021 at 11:50pm
Loaner program is the best way to go. You can ask to borrow more than one unit if you wanted to compare between two models. 

Edited by patientot - 31 Jan 2021 at 11:51pm
SL-1200 MK7 (modified) + Reflex M + PSU-1 used with AT150-40ML, AT VM95ML, Stanton 680mkII + Ogura, and Shure M35X cartridges.
Godra View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Godra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2021 at 12:54am
Hi Simon! I just sent you a private email for the loaner program. 

Edited by Godra - 01 Feb 2021 at 12:54am
Clearaudio Performance DC with Clarify tonearm + Virtuoso V2, Tannoy Legacy Eaton, Accession MM and BAT VK300Xse
Topendz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Topendz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2021 at 1:27am
Received with gratitude. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic