FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Club

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee audio product wishing to use our loaner program: join here
Subscribe to our newsletter here (Rules on posting can be found here)

Sennheiser HD250 linear II - Replacement Pads

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
less View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote less Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2021 at 8:02pm
I also have a pair of 250 Linear II purchased from Ash a very long time ago. My problem is the cable has developed a fault, and I cannot find a replacement.

If I cannot replace the cable the ‘phones are of no use to me.  The pads are in good condition Wink

Les
I don't do mediocrity!

Les Sutherland
Ash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2021 at 7:59am
Must be about 7-8 years ago now. Shocked Time flies.

HD250, HD540 and HD560 models all use the same plug type. Source a model with the same OFC cable if you can. More flexible and physically less microphonic than the earlier steel-litz type. One reason I stopped restoring them was because parts became so difficult to source. Even less incentive to buy vintage Senns from Europe now due to Customs and VAT charges.

Lautus S/PDIF>Majestic>Lautus-R3>2xProprius>MySphere 3.1
less View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote less Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2021 at 12:27pm
Hi Ash, yes, it was a long time ago. Thankyou for the info. I have been able to source the cables for my HD250 and HD580s as well as replacement pads for the 580s!

Really thought I might have to bin both pairs, which have been quite adequate for my use to date. I made the mistake of letting my grandsons use the ‘phones and they did not take the care in use that they should have, hence the damaged cables. Still, if I can wrest more use from them now that’s a good thing and saves the cost of sourcing new phones.

Best Regards

Les

I don't do mediocrity!

Les Sutherland
Delfalex View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Delfalex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2021 at 2:47pm
Hi Les,

If you are or you know someone who's a dab hand a soldering then the Mogami 2893 copper cable has been cited by many as an alternative if you have no luck.

Alex

Edited by Delfalex - 02 Mar 2021 at 2:48pm
less View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote less Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2021 at 9:50pm
Hi Alex, thankyou but I have managed to find cables for both headphones and new pads for my HD580s.

Both sets are now back up and running and will hopefully last a few more years!

Les
I don't do mediocrity!

Les Sutherland
Delfalex View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Delfalex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2021 at 7:16pm
Originally posted by less less wrote:

..will hopefully last a few more years!

Clap
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic