FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

SACD recommends........

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
ROMPerformance View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ROMPerformance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2016 at 9:33pm
Several expletives come to mind now, and the word bugger! Scrub the SACD route, still room for a really decent CD player though.  I didn't realise the Maj DAC didn't do DSD.  I thought i'd read the spec thoroughly,  my bad.  Embarrassed

OK.........  CD player between £600-£1000 that will meld well with the MAj DAC.
Francis :0)
Majestic DAC, Proprii, Solo ULDE, Voyager, Libran, Lautus, Spatia,, Cyrus CD XT SE2, Cyrus PSX-R, Sennheiser HD 800 and 540 Ref2, Harbeth SHL5
Richardl60 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richardl60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2016 at 9:40pm
I have a Leema Antila for sale shortly as new, in the price range you outline.

Richard
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ROMPerformance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2016 at 9:57pm
HI Richard, 

Which version is it?

Majestic DAC, Proprii, Solo ULDE, Voyager, Libran, Lautus, Spatia,, Cyrus CD XT SE2, Cyrus PSX-R, Sennheiser HD 800 and 540 Ref2, Harbeth SHL5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richardl60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2016 at 10:46pm
Hi it is silver and a mark 1. My brother bought if from new and had it upgraded under its 5 year warranty to latest firmware before I bought off him about 2 years ago.

I bought a mark 2s Eco from eBay in early/mid 2015. The main reason I haven't sold so far is that I wanted to be fully convinced the later version is preferred. On balance I think it is, the mark 1 bass to me is a little leaner more punchy and tighter and I do miss that.

Please let me know if want more info. Orig box manual & remote.

Richard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richardl60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2016 at 10:50pm
Ps I think was around £3k when new . . .
Richard
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ROMPerformance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2016 at 10:54pm
PM me a price, cheers.
Stewboss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stewboss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2016 at 10:16am
You can still go down the SACD route with the Majestic dac or any other dac for that matter. Mr Wicked over at the ComputerAudiophile forums has a solution involving an old PS3 and custom firmware which allows you to rip the DSD files which can then be converted to PCM. He is also working on a more elegant solution which you can register for. This is currently the only way to rip SACD content in the public domain.

I have done this and can confirm that it works well.

PM me if you need further info Smile
Equipment choices:

Playstation 3 SACD, Bitzie DAC, Meridian Explorer DAC, Lautus USB cable, HD250-II, HD650
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic