FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Revelation M

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Fatmangolf View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Revelation M
    Posted: 04 Oct 2013 at 5:47pm
My Revelation M arrived today and I am using an SMPS to power it during several weeks of burn-in. I will carry on using the Reflex M until making the switchover later this month, using the PSU1 and a day of settling down.

It has the same neat functional look of all the GSP gear. A lot of know-how and engineering in a small box. I am really looking forward to trying the non-RIAA curves on my older LP's.

One of the best and most versatile phono stages in the World. Designed, hand-built, and tested in the UK.

I will post a musical review in due course.

Edited by Fatmangolf - 04 Oct 2013 at 5:57pm
Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
morris_minor View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote morris_minor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2013 at 7:51pm
Nice one Jon! I expect you'll be blown away with your non-RIAA discs coming from the Zyx and Elevator ...
Bob

Majestic DAC/pre-amp
Accession MC/Enigma, Accession MM, Reflex M, Elevator EXP, Era Gold V
Solo ULDE, Novo, Lautus USB and digital, Libran balanced, CuSat50
2 x Proprius + Spatia/Spatia Links
tg [RIP] View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tg [RIP] Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2013 at 6:07pm

Oh dear Shocked  - next we know it will be a mono cartridge too Wink

Then you will be trying to fit a DV-507 to the techie to have removeable headshells.

Yes, I know, that has been done already.

Look forward to hearing your thoughts on it in due course.

Tony G
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2013 at 10:17pm
Not sure I'll get to shellac for a while. Thanks for tempting me Tony!

So far it's had 80 hours burning in. I succumbed to a listen to the Zyx/EXP/Revelation M (serious Scrabble score there!) combo. Nice and absorbing sound but then the phone rang...

I shall have a proper listen to some 50's and 60's classical LP's tomorrow night and try some of the options.
Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
tg [RIP] View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tg [RIP] Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2013 at 9:59am

There are lots of mono LPs on vinyl, the Beatles for starters, some of the older ones I have (mainly classical) sound rather ordinary with a stereo cartridge or even unacceptably noisy, but make beautiful music with a mono cart Evil Smile - granted a lot of the newer ones are pretty OK with a stereo cartridge but they still shift up a gear with a mono one.  The Beach Boys "Pet Sounds" is one.

Tony G
Bi-wire View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bi-wire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2013 at 5:20pm
Jon, you're in for a great time with your Revelation M. When I bought mine I wondered if I was overdoing it and should have taken a Reflex M, but the extra control that the Revelation offers can be eye (ear?) opening with those older records.
Peter

Satisfied user of: Revelation M, PSU1-Enigma, Solo SRGII and lots of CuSat50
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2013 at 9:50pm
Tony I see your point. Thank you, I have some mono LP's and will follow your suggestions. I may try a series wiring of the stereo cart if that would help?

Peter thank you, I will experiment as you suggest. Your review got me interested in the Revelation's flexibility.

I was at work later than I had expected so the listening will have to wait a little longer.
Jon

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic