FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Record Doctor VI?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1314151617>
Author
lfc jon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lfc jon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2022 at 7:27pm
Tom
That is the same amount as I have and I bought more of it so now I have 2Litres. So far I have cleaned 30 records and I have not used all of the 1st bottle, I have checked and there is no shelf life on the box or the bottle so I think it's going to be a bit of wait and see, when and if it stops cleaning properly. One thing, the extra bottle I bought being that the fluid is made in Germany they have thought of every thing and put in a new filter. 
Reflex M, Solo (both with PSU-1) CuSat50, Lautus, Spatia & Spatia links cables. Ortofon Bronze.
lfc jon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lfc jon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2022 at 3:05pm
I have just found out that the brushes (the metal bit that holds the bristles) on my record cleaning M/C have started to rust. I have not used it for over a month and the last time I used it I packed it up after use so as to keep it clean for obvious reasons, now with hindsight I should have left the brushes out to dry, although the rusting has not effected the bristles I will now have the expense of replacing them as I don't wont to risk bits of rust coming off into the cleaning fluid. I thought I'd share this with you so if any of you buy a M/C like mine or similar, it don't happen to you.
Reflex M, Solo (both with PSU-1) CuSat50, Lautus, Spatia & Spatia links cables. Ortofon Bronze.
Fatmangolf View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2022 at 7:22pm
I am disappointed the manufacturer didn't use stainless steel. Could you sand the rust off and lightly oil the steel?
Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
lfc jon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lfc jon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2022 at 7:52pm
Jon
up date. yes I have given them light rub down and they are OK to use again.
I have read about these types of M/Cs and it's a common complaint.
Fatmangolf View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2022 at 9:10pm
👍
Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
lfc jon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lfc jon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2022 at 5:13pm
Up date
I'm still have issues with the record clamp coming lose when turning the record with the handle, I have now started to turn the record buy it's edge. It seems this is a common issue. But at less I have found a use for the cotton gloves that came with my amp I got some time ago, It also makes easer to handle the clean records when undoing the clamp and putting it in the rack for drying (I don't get my oily fingers on the cleaned record) I have also started using them to play records (some times) when I remember.
lfc jon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lfc jon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2022 at 7:14pm
I have ordered some Tonar cleaning fluid and a new brush, I'm going to see if the Tonar fluid is better than the stuff that came with my record cleaning M/C, I have been reading that a lot are saying it is better so I thought I would give it a try. I did say in another post I didn't notice any thing on the needle after cleaning but the last record I cleaned I did a before & after check and there was a build up of gunk on the needle after playing. I still have cantainer of fluid unused that was made by the manufaacturer of the M/C but I'm thinking that I can still use it but wipe the record with distilled water after cleaning the record and see if that helps. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1314151617>
  Share Topic