FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Record Doctor VI?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 17>
Author
HPower View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HPower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2022 at 5:14pm
I probably only have about 45 or so LPs so far, and a lot of the brand new ones came
from the record shops with a nice outer sleeve, depends on the store.
I probably will need to get a bunch of outers as well.

1st: Sony DVP-NS9100ES, Bryston BDP-2, Sansui, TU-717> MP-D2 DAC> W4S, STP-SE> XP-4080> 2A3 SET, CA-150> FH-1, K-402
2nd: TD 160, DVD 2900> Sansui AU-717> La Scala, Heresy3
lfc jon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote lfc jon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2022 at 7:34pm
I had a look on A----n and can find past orders. The resealable ones are by "Panmer" and are called Super clear outer sleeves. The material to avoid is the ones made of PVC they are said to stick to the album covers over time and they release a chemical reaction that's not good to your covers. I'm sure this topic as been cover on this forum before, I'll try to look for it for you.
Reflex M, Solo (both with PSU-1) CuSat50, Lautus, Spatia & Spatia links cables. Ortofon Bronze.
HPower View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HPower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2022 at 7:46pm
Originally posted by lfc jon lfc jon wrote:

I had a look on A----n and can find past orders. The resealable ones are by "Panmer" and are called Super clear outer sleeves. The material to avoid is the ones made of PVC they are said to stick to the album covers over time and they release a chemical reaction that's not good to your covers. I'm sure this topic as been cover on this forum before, I'll try to look for it for you.

Thanks Jon,

I would have never known to think Geek there were differences in the type of materials. Thumbs Up

1st: Sony DVP-NS9100ES, Bryston BDP-2, Sansui, TU-717> MP-D2 DAC> W4S, STP-SE> XP-4080> 2A3 SET, CA-150> FH-1, K-402
lfc jon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lfc jon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2022 at 8:06pm
Go for the ones made of Polyethylene or Polypropylene. PVC, chemical reaction is so called "vinyl cancer" apparently by the vinyl community from what I read on Sound Matters. JUST avoid PVC.
Reflex M, Solo (both with PSU-1) CuSat50, Lautus, Spatia & Spatia links cables. Ortofon Bronze.
lfc jon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lfc jon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2022 at 8:42pm
Tom 
this post is more to do with record cleaning M/Cs so if I have any more on the subject of outer sleeves I'll post it on "inner sleeves"
You can find it By "Search" at the top of this page or if you wont other tips go to "HiFi tips" I think you'll find some other good tips on there too
HPower View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HPower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2022 at 9:53pm
Jon, 
I will go and search that out right now.
Thanks for helping steer me around the site!

lfc jon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lfc jon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2022 at 12:55am
That's OK
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 17>
  Share Topic