FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Record Cleaning

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1718192021 29>
Author
Richardl60 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richardl60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2018 at 11:39pm
Sounds impressive!  Did you find the sound als improves (other than the noise)?
Old skool View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Old skool Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2018 at 7:36am
I can certainly see the advantages of an ultrasonic machine. 

Load it up like a dishwasher & walk away. 
No one seems to sell them in the UK tho, apart from the Chinese 
40Hz jobbies. 

Is the pursuit High Fidelity a sign of mental illness??
I think so....
Fatmangolf View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2018 at 10:26pm
Yes I can confirm they are convenient and give great results. Most of the empty ultrasonic tanks I've seen are indeed Chinese manufactured. The bespoke hifi RCM's like Audiodesk Systeme and KLAudio take out a lot of guess work but cost considerably more. They also offer drying options and filter the water in the former unit.

Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
ICL1P View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ICL1P Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2018 at 10:37pm
Originally posted by Old skool Old skool wrote:

I can certainly see the advantages of an ultrasonic machine. 

Load it up like a dishwasher & walk away. 
No one seems to sell them in the UK tho, apart from the Chinese 
40Hz jobbies. 

Check out www.audiorevita.pl on eBay.
Ifor
=====
Reflex M & ACCESSION M, CuSat50, Majestic DAC, a Proprius pair.
shashirao View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shashirao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2018 at 3:53am
Improvement in sound - certainly - but only by cleaning out the dirt and debris and reducing friction with the cartridge stylus. I am not sure if using an ultrasonic will improve the sound of a vinyl...the strings will sound the same. Ofc it may help the cartridge and preamp get a clearer signal. That's my take...could be wrong.

I forgot mentioning my audiophile vinyl drying system - a portable dish dryer (Chinese make for like $30) that can fit a vinyl. It has a plastic cover and has warm air gentle enough to dry vinyls in 20 mins.

As for the audiorevita ultrasonic device - that is exactly (or similar) medical ultrasonic machine I use and had no issues with them till date. They work like a charm. I had spoken to one of the manufacturers of ultrasonic cleaners and their salesman tried to convince me that using a plain jane ultrasonic will not guarantee the "right frequency" and may end up damaging my vinyls. All I knew was that these things create vibrations and agitate the water in the bath to create minute bubbles and clean microgrooves...so unless I buy it from Dr Frankenstein that causes an entire grid to shut down...I am good.

Given the ability to clean 4 vinys at a time, I clean my vinyls more often...usually I have a queue of freshly cleaned vinyls waiting for me.

Cheers
Shashi
shashirao View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shashirao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2018 at 4:10am
Just saw the price tag on audiorevita.pl....extremely competitive. In fact I may end up buying one of those when my current setup breaks down...thanks for the link

Shashi
Yorkdingle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yorkdingle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2018 at 9:40am
New member so be kind to me.  I’ve been using the project rcm.  Nice kit for the money.  But the biggest thing to help was the mofi record cleaning brush/pad.  Sticks to records like glue.  Gets everything out. Big sound difference.  Always rinse after too
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1718192021 29>
  Share Topic