FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Join our friendly forum here and subscribe to our newsletters here

A rule of fairness:
When other manufacturers websites allow people to recommend our products instead of their own then people can do the same here, but please not before! Such posts will be deleted.
See terms and conditions here...

Raspberry Pi streaming

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 404142
Author
BackinBlack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BackinBlack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2018 at 6:02pm
I was thinking along the lines of:
Raspberry Pi (OEM or install your own software)
Colour Screen for simple interface/Artwork display
Bitzie DAC
Headphone output
Line level output
Control via basic buttons or external PC, Smart phone etc

A step too far perhaps?
Just listen, if it sounds good to you, enjoy it.
ServerBaboon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ServerBaboon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2018 at 8:43pm
The biggest issue is the software support, it needs to be something that is supported easily and preferably out of the box. The experience of Moode and Cary shows what a burden software licensing and management can be, before we even start on technical support.

Hat wise there is a a lot cheap mass production boards that would seem to make a system more feasible option. I would be interested if Ian Canada's boards are hand assembled.

Sorry if I sound pessimistic.

The weakness of the Raspberry Pi's power supply arrangement and hat analogue will certainly be areas that will benefit from the Slee effect.

If you are interested Graham I can loan you my DAC hat for a month or two if you want to check out another product.

Steve

-------------

Various bits of GSP Kit ..well two so far, unless you count the cables that is.
Graham Slee View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Pushing the boundaries

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Graham Slee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2018 at 9:08pm
Originally posted by BackinBlack BackinBlack wrote:

A step too far perhaps?

Software is.
There are only two things to stop you being a success in life and they're both called Google - Notions are not solutions!
Graham Slee View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Pushing the boundaries

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Graham Slee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2018 at 9:13pm
Originally posted by ServerBaboon ServerBaboon wrote:

If you are interested Graham I can loan you my DAC hat for a month or two if you want to check out another product.

Steve, I'm sure we've still got things you've sent me over the years which I now can't find, so be very careful here... Wink

Perhaps best to loan it to John C and he can let me have a listen, and remove it from me when the time comes Wink
There are only two things to stop you being a success in life and they're both called Google - Notions are not solutions!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 404142
  Share Topic