FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Raspberry Pi streaming

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3435363738 42>
Author
peterb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peterb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2017 at 3:45pm
Thanks James,
What I meant, and should have detailed by DAB was more about the range of Stations more than the broadcast tech.
My searches for MoOde just take me to forum pages, have I got it wrong?
Peter
---------------------------------------
Dual 505-1, Cyrus CD T, DIY 80W MosFet amp and PreAmp, 2xKEF 103.2
jwatson View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jwatson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2017 at 4:03pm
Hello Peter,

Sorry - meant to include a link;

The site is a little unusual to navigate, the list of stations supported is accessible from one of the small circular buttons to the lower right of the screen.

Kind Regards

James
"I bought some more old vinyl today 'cos old vinyl won't ever let you down"
Majestic DAC -> {Proprius -> Tannoy Stirling | Solo UL -> HD820}
BackinBlack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BackinBlack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2017 at 4:07pm
Hi Peter,
MoOde can be found at: moodeaudio.org, thereis a list of all available built in internet "radio" stations. You can of course add more of your own if you wish.
The latest release will cost you $10, well worth it in my opinion, or you might find the last free release - V3.1 - on sourceforge.
PM me if you can't find it, I can send you a zip file of 3.1 to try.
Happy searching
Ian

Just listen, if it sounds good to you, enjoy it.
ICL1P View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ICL1P Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2017 at 4:45pm
I've found Rune to be unstable and development has died, or at least stalled though it is apparently ongoing pending a major release.

I like Volumio, but not its dumping of Consume Mode. It's stable and the UI is clear and uncluttered.

MoOde seems to be very good, but the UI is very cluttered. This is probably because there's so much tweaking one can do if so inclined, which I'm not.
Ifor
=====
Reflex M & ACCESSION M, CuSat50, Majestic DAC, a Proprius pair.
peterb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peterb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2017 at 7:33pm
Thanks for links folks.
I will investigate further!

Peter
---------------------------------------
Dual 505-1, Cyrus CD T, DIY 80W MosFet amp and PreAmp, 2xKEF 103.2
Graham Slee View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Graham Slee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2018 at 10:37pm
I have a by now ancient Raspberry Pi model B, brand new, never used, and I'd like to know how I can make use of it to play files on a SD card to the SPDIF input on my Majestic.

By now there must be an expert or two on here who can walk me through the process. I have zero previous experience with a Pi. What do I need - what are the options?

That none should be able to buy or sell without a smartphone and the knowledge in how to use apps
ServerBaboon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ServerBaboon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2018 at 11:11pm
You need to get yourself a i2s hat device to send out your digital data through spdif or optical.

In my personal opinion the three to look at are..

1) Allo Digi One - the most expensive, lot a work done on psu filtering. No optical.
2) iq audio digi+  - good reputation for implementation. (Uk design)
3) HiFi Berry digi + - although they have dropped the ball on a couple of their newer products but this works, its where i started and i think that ian uses.

You will then need an audio player distribution for the raspberry pi, my favourite is moode, but there is also Volumio. MOODE has had an issue recently and no longer comes as an image, you have to build your own.i might be able to knock you upan image if you have problems. Volumio may be easier but i have no experience of it.

If you do want to play networdk audio then go for wired.

One of the big issues with pi based music is the quality of the psu which is why Allo put a lot of effort into psu filtering.

However if you know of someone with a new 5v power supply on their backlog that may help Wink

There are a couple of that are users to help you through the software config when you have assembled the parts, when i get to a keyboard instead of cacky tablet the i can be more detailed.

Steve

-------------

Various bits of GSP Kit ..well two so far, unless you count the cables that is.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3435363738 42>
  Share Topic