FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Raspberry Pi streaming

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 42>
Author
morris_minor View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote morris_minor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2014 at 9:42am
I never imagined I'd ever get a computer in a jiffy bag poked through my letter box. The Pi has landed, the Digi+ will take longer I'm told.

And Elite! I loved this game!  . . . 

Bob

Majestic DAC/pre-amp
Accession MC/Enigma, Accession MM, Reflex M, Elevator EXP, Era Gold V
Solo ULDE, Novo, Lautus USB and digital, Libran balanced, CuSat50
2 x Proprius + Spatia/Spatia Links
ICL1P View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ICL1P Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2014 at 6:25pm
Originally posted by morris_minor morris_minor wrote:

the Digi+ will take longer I'm told.

Hopefully the Rune or Volumio will have caught up by the time it arrives.
Ifor
=====
Reflex M & ACCESSION M, CuSat50, Majestic DAC, a Proprius pair.
marshmid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marshmid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2014 at 8:17pm
Reading around the Raspberry Pi forums, my impression was that only 1 or two folk have got the Digi+ working with either Volumio or Rune. Most seems to have problems. Thanks for confirming that for me Ifor.

I have now received my Pi version B and awaiting the Digi. Once I get these working together,then I will buy the Digi+ for my Pi+.

Re: Elite
Bob, please call me Commander in future.

Marsh
BackinBlack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BackinBlack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2014 at 8:30pm
Originally posted by marshmid marshmid wrote:

Reading around the Raspberry Pi forums, my impression was that only 1 or two folk have got the Digi+ working with either Volumio or Rune. Most seems to have problems. Thanks for confirming that for me Ifor.

Marsh

I think it needs some real programming knowledge to get the Digi+ and Pi B+ working. I can't get Volumio to work at all with the Pi B+. I've got close a few times with Rune, but for now have settled on using Rune and the USB output into the Majestic.  It's still quite impressive, but that's what the Majestic does, it takes all but the lowest definition files and makes them into Music.
Just listen, if it sounds good to you, enjoy it.
morris_minor View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote morris_minor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2014 at 8:25am

Re: Elite
Bob, please call me Commander in future.

Marsh
Yes, Sir! (Is your surname Jameson by any chance? LOL)
Bob

Majestic DAC/pre-amp
Accession MC/Enigma, Accession MM, Reflex M, Elevator EXP, Era Gold V
Solo ULDE, Novo, Lautus USB and digital, Libran balanced, CuSat50
2 x Proprius + Spatia/Spatia Links
marshmid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marshmid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2014 at 1:58pm
Bob,
You have a better memory than me. That we be a good pub Quiz question. Only those older than 50 would would know!

I have now done some reading around the subject of Raspberry Pi streaming and not feeling enlightened. There is a massive amount of documentation on Rasbian & RasbpianMC but it is difficult to sort the wheat from the chaff.

Maybe Ifor could provide some pointers?

I certainly would be grateful.

Marsh
ICL1P View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ICL1P Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2014 at 10:24pm

I have now done some reading around the subject of Raspberry Pi streaming and not feeling enlightened. There is a massive amount of documentation on Rasbian & RasbpianMC but it is difficult to sort the wheat from the chaff.

Maybe Ifor could provide some pointers?

I certainly would be grateful.

Marsh

There were only three fora I needed to look at: HiFiBerry, Volumio and Rune Audio. If you're looking to get a R Pi B working with a HiFiBerry Digi it's all covered. If you're looking to get a R Pi B+ working with a HiFiBerry Digi+ you will find that one or two people have got it working and you may wish to try their fixes or wait "a few days" for the beta of Rune 0.3, which should have it covered. I don't know when Volumio will have it covered.
Ifor
=====
Reflex M & ACCESSION M, CuSat50, Majestic DAC, a Proprius pair.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 42>
  Share Topic