FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Raspberry Pi streaming

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 42>
Author
ICL1P View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ICL1P Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2014 at 8:41am
Originally posted by Graham Slee Graham Slee wrote:

Good stuff! Hoping to be joining you in Pi streaming shortly.

So it sounds good into the Maj? Using coax? Or optical? What resolutions are you trying? Interested to know.

Graham

Virtually all my music is Apple Lossless (ALAC) at CD quality.  I normally connect to my DAC by coaxial, but have tested optical.  The highest resolution album I have is Paul & Linda McCartney's RAM.  I have it in WAV and ALAC at 32bit 96kHz.  I've just tested both versions through coaxial and optical (now playing).  I have a few FLAC flies at CD quality and obviously some MP3s.  All play OK by both connections.

When I had the loan Majestic I tried out both coaxial and optical on CD resolution files only.

Edited by ICL1P - 25 Sep 2014 at 9:48am
Ifor
=====
Reflex M & ACCESSION M, CuSat50, Majestic DAC, a Proprius pair.
ICL1P View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ICL1P Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2014 at 9:02am
Originally posted by ICL1P ICL1P wrote:

The highest resolution album I have is Paul & Linda McCartney's RAM.  I have it in WAV and ALAC at 32bit 96kHz.  I've just tested both versions through coaxial and optical (now playing).
It dropped out for a second just now.  The timing coincided exactly with be opening the magnetic cover of my iPad.  Coincidence?  I don't know.
Ifor
=====
morris_minor View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote morris_minor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2014 at 10:51am
R Pi B+ and Digi+ now ordered . . . Smile

All this talk of Model A, B and B+ takes me back to the days of the BBC micro. Just a coincidence - basic (sic.) computing for the masses . . . ?
Bob

Majestic DAC/pre-amp
Accession MC/Enigma, Accession MM, Reflex M, Elevator EXP, Era Gold V
Solo ULDE, Novo, Lautus USB and digital, Libran balanced, CuSat50
2 x Proprius + Spatia/Spatia Links
ICL1P View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ICL1P Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2014 at 1:44pm
Originally posted by morris_minor morris_minor wrote:

R Pi B+ and Digi+ now ordered . . . 

1 or 2 Bob?
Ifor
=====
BackinBlack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BackinBlack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2014 at 2:33pm
All we need now is the software updates from Rune or Volumio to accomodate the changes from Pi B to Pi B+ to enable the Digi+. My B+ continues to work well, learnt that the settings will remain after power off providing you shut down first, rather than just disconnecting the power. We live and learn....
Just listen, if it sounds good to you, enjoy it.
morris_minor View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote morris_minor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2014 at 2:52pm
Originally posted by ICL1P ICL1P wrote:

Originally posted by morris_minor morris_minor wrote:

R Pi B+ and Digi+ now ordered . . . 

1 or 2 Bob?
Just the one - for now . . . Wink
Bob

Majestic DAC/pre-amp
Accession MC/Enigma, Accession MM, Reflex M, Elevator EXP, Era Gold V
Solo ULDE, Novo, Lautus USB and digital, Libran balanced, CuSat50
2 x Proprius + Spatia/Spatia Links
marshmid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marshmid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2014 at 3:47pm
I would not be surprised if the A and B harked back to the BBC Micro. David Braben, is mentioned in the setting up of Raspberry Pi who was the author of Elite, the only computer game I have really played.
In the Raspian download, there is an image of Risc OS.

Off topic but a new version of Elite is imminent (Kickstarter funded).

I bought a Raspbery B+ but have now decided to buy a model B as well since it may be some time until the software is amended. In addition, there is a wealth of projects that work with the model B.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 42>
  Share Topic