FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

PSU1 to power 24v Rega Turntable

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>
Author
Drewan77 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drewan77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2015 at 9:03pm
Do you want to evaluate this after me Jon?
Older than I once was, younger than I'll be
Andrew
Fatmangolf View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2015 at 5:43pm
Ah, I wasn't hinting at that although If you don't mind I'll say yes! There's no hurry as I'll probably need to move my OL arm back onto the P3-24.

Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
Drewan77 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drewan77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2015 at 8:43pm
That's fine Jon. I will collect it next Monday and am going away for a month at the end of the following week so John says its OK for me to hang on to it until End September/Early October.

Let me know and we can sort something out when I'm back.
Andrew
Drewan77 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drewan77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2015 at 6:38pm
I have been using the GSP PSU1-AC for the past week with both my 'new' Acrylic Rega/TT-PSU and directly into a 24v AC RP6-Planar 3 hybrid and can confirm that it easily powers both at 24v. John C checked it out for me at 245-252v (something within this range seems to be common in my house) and it was outputting 25v. Music sounds rock solid with no noticeable wow or flutter, even on sustained piano notes so all is good.

I haven't done any serious back-to-back listening vs the two original wall-worts yet, that will have to wait for a few weeks.
Andrew
Drewan77 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drewan77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2015 at 2:20pm
Picture of the PSU1-24vAC (rear) & Rega TT-PSU with twin turntable switch box (mounted in a PSU1 casing, LH side). A single 4 pin Kycon connector goes to the TT-PSU with twin 4 pin Kycon connectors to the PCB housing on each turntable.

Measured with the Turntabulator app on both platters, the main turntable with a GT reference subplatter reads exactly 33.3rpm, the other with an aftermarket alu subplatter reads 33.4rpm. At 45rpm I get the readings 44.98rpm and 45.01rpm. Pitch is stable on all settings and I have removed two potentially 'noisy' wall-worts, replaced with the linear GSP power supply - also freeing up one wall socket.

Andrew
Fatmangolf View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2015 at 9:29pm
Nice. Your very good idea expertly delivered by John C.
Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
Gijo1977 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gijo1977 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2017 at 9:08am
I would be interested to know if this prototype went any further into consideration for development, moreover, is it possible or plausible to have the one PSU1 supplying both the DC required for the Phono pre AND the AC for the Rega? (As you can tell, I know very little about electricity)

I am pretty interested in the options to replace my Rega wall wart for the TTPSU, it has a terrible buzz from the back of my cabinet, and a reputable high quality option to replace it with is on my agenda, as well as a new phono stage.

Thanks
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>
  Share Topic