FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

PSU1 Enigma Micro-Signal Power Supply

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 16>
Author
RichW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RichW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2018 at 10:31am
Originally posted by RichW RichW wrote:

Great work as ever Graham.
Will the Enigma be available to buy with the Accession MC as an extra cost alternative to the PSU1?

I'll assume then that you'll only be selling the Enigma separately. 
Best wishes.

Majestic/Enigma, Accession MM & MC.
Graham Slee View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Graham Slee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2018 at 12:03pm

Great work as ever Graham.
Will the Enigma be available to buy with the Accession MC as an extra cost alternative to the PSU1?

I'll assume then that you'll only be selling the Enigma separately. 
Best wishes.

Sorry I missed this (I had to turn into IT-bod to hardwire the office network... funny how everything worked on plug adapters before swapping to plusnet...)

It will be available with the Accession MC (£1400 instead of £1200); separately (£385); or as a factory upgrade or part-exchange (£200). Prices do not include shipping.
That none should be able to buy or sell without a smartphone and the knowledge in how to use apps
msphil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msphil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2018 at 12:34pm
Originally posted by Graham Slee Graham Slee wrote:

Originally posted by msphil msphil wrote:

Very interesting Graham! I would really love to know whether it shows a similar improvement if used with the Majestic. If so, it's possible I might be interested. I was also wondering if the 3 to 5 V PSU was likely to be available soon?

Hi Phil, it's thanks to your requirement for the 5V 3A power supply that the PSU1 Enigma came about. I'd be interested in your findings on it with the Majestic (need to set up a loan).

The 5V 3A PSU is still at the metalworkers, and they're waiting for the mill-finish heat sinks which are a Fischer (from Germany) product, but unfortunately they sent samples of the black finished item, so we're now into another 3 weeks wait... great! (not). If I'd wanted black I'd have simply bought them from Farnell in Leeds, but we need them plain mill-finish because they have to be machined first. I suppose the black ones could be machined then the resulting chipped or scratched anodise could be stripped, and then re-anodised. Not very cost effective.

I could get our own heat sinks extruded in Gateshead, and perhaps one day I will, but its a risky investment especially when there are only 5 orders in the queue at present... Ermm

Hi Graham, it's great to know that something good came out of my asking if you could produce a 5V 3A PSU I was beginning to wonder if I had put you to too much trouble and expense with my request. I would be more than happy to try out the new PSU 1 Enigma power supply with my two Majestic's. As you know I'd love to try anything that will tweak my systems into producing even better performance if this is the case. Perhaps John would be willing to pop it in when he is next visiting your supplier in Chesterfield?

I will of course, as before, report back to you and the forum with the results of my investigations as it settles in.

'You are, through your soul not your body, a human being.'
RichW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RichW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2018 at 3:08pm

Sorry I missed this (I had to turn into IT-bod to hardwire the office network... funny how everything worked on plug adapters before swapping to plusnet...)

It will be available with the Accession MC (£1400 instead of £1200); separately (£385); or as a factory upgrade or part-exchange (£200). Prices do not include shipping.
[/QUOTE]

Excellent news that it's going to be available with the Accession MC - thanks.Thumbs Up
RichW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RichW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2018 at 10:28am
Interesting allusion to Elgar's popular work in the 'Enigma Variant' email received recently.
Elgar's enigma possibly referred to a hidden melody in the music - perhaps the new PSU reveals previously hidden melodies or the name refers a mysterious component..?

morris_minor View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote morris_minor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2018 at 11:30am
Rich - that conjured up the same thought about Elgar! The PS didn't have its proper name when I started using it, and "enigma" seems very appropriate . . .
Bob

Majestic DAC/pre-amp
Accession MC/Enigma, Accession MM, Reflex M, Elevator EXP, Era Gold V
Solo ULDE, Novo, Lautus USB and digital, Libran balanced, CuSat50
2 x Proprius + Spatia/Spatia Links
ServerBaboon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ServerBaboon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2018 at 5:21pm
Originally posted by Graham Slee Graham Slee wrote:

Hi Phil, it's thanks to your requirement for the 5V 3A power supply that the PSU1 Enigma came about. I'd be interested in your findings on it with the Majestic (need to set up a loan).

The 5V 3A PSU is still at the metalworkers, and they're waiting for the mill-finish heat sinks which are a Fischer (from Germany) product, but unfortunately they sent samples of the black finished item, so we're now into another 3 weeks wait... great! (not). If I'd wanted black I'd have simply bought them from Farnell in Leeds, but we need them plain mill-finish because they have to be machined first. I suppose the black ones could be machined then the resulting chipped or scratched anodise could be stripped, and then re-anodised. Not very cost effective.

I could get our own heat sinks extruded in Gateshead, and perhaps one day I will, but its a risky investment especially when there are only 5 orders in the queue at present... Ermm

Is one of those mine?

Have I missed the price ordering link?

Steve

-------------

Various bits of GSP Kit ..well two so far, unless you count the cables that is.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 16>
  Share Topic