FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

PSU1 Enigma Micro-Signal Power Supply

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 16>
Author
Drewan77 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drewan77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2018 at 1:48pm
Hi Richard, interesting findings & it looks like any differences are very subtle (familiar 'audiophile' words…. 'perhaps, possibly, slightly, maybe, marginally' are used, sometimes frequently!). 

Your posts suggest that most likely my Accession M & Reflex M  wouldn't benefit from one of these.
Older than I once was, younger than I'll be
Andrew
Richardl60 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richardl60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2018 at 4:00pm
from my experience probably not Andrew though sure system to system and ear to ear my result in slightly different opinions. Will see if the DC lead makes any difference to the enigma. From others comments likely to be different with the Accession MC 
Fatmangolf View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2018 at 4:08pm
I think the dc lead helps and recommend comparing the combo with the standard PSU1. Most of my testing was with the AccMC, then I used the Enigma and its lead with my EXP. More noticeable on either than the AccM in my system. The Majestic definitely benefitted when I tried that later.
Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
DeadWax View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeadWax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2018 at 4:45pm
Originally posted by Richardl60 Richardl60 wrote:

In this context all my mains feeds have been highly upgraded, from dedicated consumer unit, 10mm twin and earth feed to upgraded wall socket, power HUB and leads to individual devices oh and an earth rod too - suspect the effects may be cumulative.

Am I understanding that here you are saying that you've upgraded/changed the electrical outlets in your house?
Andy R
Lincoln, UK
Richardl60 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richardl60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2018 at 6:10pm
yep furutech
Graham Slee View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Graham Slee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2018 at 7:12pm
Originally posted by Drewan77 Drewan77 wrote:

...Your posts suggest that most likely my Accession M & Reflex M wouldn't benefit from one of these.

That's what I originally told people, but some thought it did.
That none should be able to buy or sell without a smartphone and the knowledge in how to use apps
DeadWax View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeadWax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2018 at 11:14pm
Originally posted by Richardl60 Richardl60 wrote:

yep furutech
Blimey, was this in response to a specific interference problem you were having, or is this a fairly standard practice to get the best out of a system?
Andy R
Lincoln, UK
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 16>
  Share Topic