FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

PSU 1 v Speaker Buzz

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Linky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Linky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: PSU 1 v Speaker Buzz
    Posted: 27 Sep 2021 at 1:55pm
I am thinking about upgrading to the PSU 1 power cable as I have read excellent reviews.
The reason for this post is I have this 'ad infinitum' problem with speaker buzz/ground loop that increases from 50% + volume on my amp.
I have tried every fix/suggestion I can acquire from the internet/forums without going near real techy stuff/analysis :
- Buzz still there with my other phono stages before upgrade to GS(Rega, Fosi, etc)
- Tried various ground combinations ie None, TT to phono, TT to phono to amp, etc
- Swapped/Configured interconnects.
- No change when using my other cartridges (MM) ie Audio Technica, Goldring, Ortofon)
- Changed rack configuration ie TT on a separate placement (distance) from speakers/amp etc
- Unplugged any other electrical stuff in the vicinity ie Broadband extenders, TV

As an aside when touching TT RCA connections buzz noise noticeably increases & other parts of the TT when touched sounds are amplified.
Will spending the money on the GS PSU 1 show an improvement albeit i am aware this 'buzz' not be completely eliminated.

Any suggestions appreciated

Thx Len
Equipment
- Denon PMA 600NE Integrated Amp
- Fluance RT Turntable
- Audio Technica Cartridge (Current)
- Chord Interconnects & Speaker Cables
- Dali Zensor 1 Speakers (sometimes swap for my Mission QX1's)
- GS Gram Amp communicator
Graham Slee View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Graham Slee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2021 at 5:28pm
Short answer: no!

Best advice is to call John C on 01909 568739, and discuss.

Oh, and welcome!

That none should be able to buy or sell without a smartphone and the knowledge in how to use apps
lfc jon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lfc jon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2021 at 6:45pm
Welcome Lennox
Sorry to here you are having problems, I'm sure John C will help you sort it out and you can enjoy your music with out the buzz. I'm sorry I can't offer any help, but as Graham as said John is the best person to talk to.
Reflex M, Solo (both with PSU-1) CuSat50, Lautus, Spatia & Spatia links cables. Ortofon Bronze.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic