FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Proprius Silly Question

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
hippyeverafter View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hippyeverafter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Proprius Silly Question
    Posted: 14 Sep 2016 at 1:00pm
Had an Accession for a short will now and totally impressed. So much so i now have a solo Ultra-Linear on the loner program and 99% sure will order one. Now seriously thinking of getting the Proprius but i have a dilemma!. The power amp i have at the moment has two inputs XLR and unbalanced, One i use for the Accession (Phono ) and the other connects a Pioneer DAC being fed by my Mac Mini for playing Flac / Apple Lossless files and can switched between the two. Would there be any way to connect both the Accession and DAC to the Proprius without any detrimental effects on sound quality? and if so how?. If this cannot be done then i have two options,

1 ) Get a Majestic but as i have had the DAC only a short while seems a bit silly to Fork out another £1600 for something which will in essence do the same thing.

2 ) Go vinyl only and just use headphones when i use my existing DAC.

I need to decide fairly quickly as i am on holiday next week and would prefer to order the weekend and hopefully come home to some quality equipment to set up and listen toClap.

By the way the system will power a pair of Dali Opticon 2 which are very good indeed.
Terry

"You pass life's shop once in your life so buy the best". Proprius, Accession, Solo Ultra Linear, Majestic, CuSat50 Interconnects, Spatia Cable, Thorens TD206, Ortofon Blue, Dali Opticon 2.
morris_minor View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote morris_minor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2016 at 1:48pm
Two inputs, one output . . 

This suggests a (quality) switch box.

I use one from this company to put two phono amps into the analogue input on a Majestic. Not cheap, but cheaper than a new DAC . . .

Or of course you could sell your existing DAC and get a Majestic and benefit from the "synergy" between GSP components. Wink
Bob

Majestic DAC/pre-amp
Accession MC/Enigma, Accession MM, Reflex M, Elevator EXP, Era Gold V
Solo ULDE, Novo, Lautus USB and digital, Libran balanced, CuSat50
2 x Proprius + Spatia/Spatia Links
DaveG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2016 at 7:00am
I'm in exactly the same situation and currently my digital files rarely get played, mind you I do prefer the sound of my vinyl. I have a good DAC - no idea if its as good as the Majestic, but I don't have the funds available anyway right now. The long awaited GSP pre would possibly be my ideal, but Bob's switch box idea could be the next best solution
Dave

Michell Gorbe + HR PSU -> Cadenza Bronze -> SME V -> Elevator -> Accession -> Proprius -> B&W CM6 s2 | Cusat 50 & Spatia cables ->
Graham Slee View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Graham Slee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2016 at 11:45am
Originally posted by DaveG DaveG wrote:

The long awaited GSP pre would possibly be my ideal...

New design office to give me the space to do that is being built around me as I type. Roofers at work right now - quite frightening...
That none should be able to buy or sell without a smartphone and the knowledge in how to use apps
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hippyeverafter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2016 at 4:24pm
Don't really want extra real estate sitting on my rack but will investigate. The site on the morris-minor post directed me the a German website. At least i think it was German. What is this long awaited GSP?.
Terry

"You pass life's shop once in your life so buy the best". Proprius, Accession, Solo Ultra Linear, Majestic, CuSat50 Interconnects, Spatia Cable, Thorens TD206, Ortofon Blue, Dali Opticon 2.
DaveG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2016 at 6:33pm
There has been talk about the development of a Slee pre-amp  to partner the Proprius for quite some time. Obviously the Majestic also fits the bill for those who use mainly digital or who are in the market for a DAC/preamp combined. If I'd known about the Majestic before I bought my DAC then I'd probably have gone down that route myself. For now I'm content to sit @ wait for the roofers to finish their work.
Dave

Michell Gorbe + HR PSU -> Cadenza Bronze -> SME V -> Elevator -> Accession -> Proprius -> B&W CM6 s2 | Cusat 50 & Spatia cables ->
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hippyeverafter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2016 at 7:20pm
Same here. Will get the Solo ultra-linear and Proprius and look for a simple solution until a pre-amp surfaces and see if it will be suitable for my needs!. The reason being only had my DAC a few months and was not cheap so need to get some miles out of it before i sell it on if ever.
Terry

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic