New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Proprius and high efficiency single driver speaker
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Proprius and high efficiency single driver speaker

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23242526>
Author
ICL1P View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ICL1P Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2018 at 1:20pm
Originally posted by ICL1P ICL1P wrote:

Very nice! My son is loving his Custom Cans FH3 speakers, but they'll never look that pretty. They are still as they were.

Three and a half years later I managed to get them back to finish them off.  They look OK, but I know I could have done a much, much better job with the finish.

Ifor
=====
Reflex M & ACCESSION M, CuSat50, Majestic DAC, a Proprius pair.
Graham Slee View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Graham Slee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2018 at 7:16pm
Ifor, they look nice! Smile
That none should be able to buy or sell without a smartphone and the knowledge in how to use apps
ICL1P View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ICL1P Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2018 at 7:36pm
Originally posted by Graham Slee Graham Slee wrote:

Ifor, they look nice! Smile
Thanks Graham.  They sound nice.
Ifor
=====
Fatmangolf View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2018 at 9:55pm
It's a really good finish Ifor, if you can do even better now I am impressed!
Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
tg [RIP] View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tg [RIP] Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2018 at 6:22pm
Don't look at all shabby to me either, well done Ifor.
Tony G
ICL1P View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ICL1P Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2018 at 11:14pm
Originally posted by tg tg wrote:

Don't look at all shabby to me either, well done Ifor.
Thanks Tony.  If you zoom in you can see sandpaper scratches where I didn’t persevere with enough fine sanding.  The Custom Cans kit needed a lot of sanding of the exposed ply edges to get flush with the face surfaces.

Having done a pair of Frugel Horn Lites for “the girl” from a KJF Audio kit (Stefan has mitred all the corners) I would strongly recommend UK purchasers to go for one of Stefan’s Kits rather than one from Custom Cans; unless one particularly wants to see the layered ply edges, in which case go for Custom Cans and be prepared to do a lot of sanding.
Ifor
=====
Fatmangolf View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2018 at 8:06pm
Stefan's kits look very good and very straight forward to build thanks to his planning. I stayed with open baffle but did consider the KLF kits.

Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23242526>
  Share Topic