Print Page | Close Window

How to get your discount

Printed From: Graham Slee Hifi System Components
Category: Find what you're looking for here!
Forum Name: Claiming your member's discount
Forum Description: Club Loyal Activity Discount for all posting members
URL: https://www.hifisystemcomponents.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=930
Printed Date: 19 Apr 2024 at 1:23pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: How to get your discount
Posted By: Graham Slee
Subject: How to get your discount
Date Posted: 27 Jun 2010 at 12:44pm
We now have an http://www.audiocontrol.co.uk - online shop but there are no buttons to claim your CLAD (club loyal activity discount) so how do you claim it?

(See also http://www.gspaudio-community.activeboards.net/forum_posts.asp?TID=809&PID=5999#5999 - http://www.gspaudio-community.activeboards.net/forum_posts.asp?TID=809&PID=5999#5999
for info about CLAD)

Easy! When you get to the checkout there's a link "add special instruction to merchant". Click the link and a text box opens.

Type in your club username.

We will then check your entitlement from your star rating and number of posts....

1 star and one post or more: 5%
2 stars: 7.5%
3 stars and over: 10%

Once we do the invoice we will then log-in to PayPal and partially refund your transaction by the amount of discount.

Please note the discount is off the product price(s) not the shipping costs.

-------------
That none should be able to buy or sell without a smartphone and the knowledge in how to use apps

Replies:
Date Posted: 27 Jun 2010 at 12:45pm
PS. The club online shops have now been deleted as all items are now available on our main site including kits, parts packs and upgrades.

-------------
That none should be able to buy or sell without a smartphone and the knowledge in how to use apps

Posted By: less
Date Posted: 18 Aug 2010 at 10:51pm
Way to go! I think I just became a Senior Member

And all because this is just simply the best site I have ever found for real info on all matters pertaining to(real)hi-fi.

Many thanks to Graham and all contributors for expanding my knowledge and understanding, allowing me to enjoy music so much more than before.

Regards

Les

-------------
I don't do mediocrity!

Les Sutherland

Date Posted: 19 Aug 2010 at 12:37am
Yes Les, 100+ posts and this clever bit of forum software rolls you over into Senior territory.

-------------

Date Posted: 20 Sep 2010 at 9:46pm
Originally posted by Graham Slee Graham Slee wrote:

Yes Les, 100+ posts and this clever bit of forum software rolls you over into Senior territory.

Hmmmm, now it appears to have rolled me back again!

-------------
I don't do mediocrity!

Les Sutherland

Date Posted: 21 Sep 2010 at 8:33am
Originally posted by less less wrote:

Hmmmm, now it appears to have rolled me back again!

Aha! I deleted an old topic - that's why.

Just reply to this one and you're a senior again Hug

-------------

Date Posted: 21 Sep 2010 at 8:20pm
Thankyou Graham Have a good break!

Les

-------------
I don't do mediocrity!

Les Sutherland

Posted By: mrarroyo
Date Posted: 22 Sep 2010 at 11:40am
If I was evil I would erase a couple of topics to keep the "game" going.

-------------
Miguel

Posted By: Fatmangolf
Date Posted: 22 Sep 2010 at 9:27pm
Congratulations on your century, less. I doubt any of us are doing this for another 2 1/2 percent off! It can go to the GSP R&D fund and worth every penny!

-------------
Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.

Posted By: Chivas
Date Posted: 23 Sep 2010 at 2:42pm
Originally posted by Fatmangolf Fatmangolf wrote:

Congratulations on your century, less. I doubt any of us are doing this for another 2 1/2 percent off!
I just did!! Haha Wink
PS. I will only buy something again after another 100 posts looking at the bank account.

Next on the list is the Solo UL DIY kit and Reflex M UL whoop whoop!!

Oh yes, talking of the next things to buy, why no Slee products at the National Audio show this coming weekend. I was hoping to have a listen to the new UL products! Cry

Date Posted: 23 Sep 2010 at 6:02pm
Hmmm, it seems somebody with a vested interest isn't investing this year...

But the manufacturer (us) will have invested nearly £50K this year in a new extrusion, test gear and building improvements.

I think we will have to do the shows ourselves next year...

-------------

Date Posted: 23 Sep 2010 at 6:42pm

I am reconsidering my extravagance over waiving 2.5% whilst looking at the price of a Solo Ultralinear! Worth every pound, of course. And the Christmas shopping season is approaching all too rapidly.

-------------
Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.

Posted By: v88
Date Posted: 03 Jan 2011 at 8:16pm
Hi
    This VAT rise has forced my hand on whether to get a Genera Kit or stick with my Gran Amp 2, when it's finished i might try to do a comparison between the two and post mho on the site.

If i remember correctly in the early  80s  Vat wasn't charged on diy kits, i'm not sure about HiFi but it didn't do the Kit car industry any favors at the time.   

Posted By: garygillespie
Date Posted: 22 Mar 2012 at 6:20pm
This is great, I haven't seen were a company has offered discounts for talking on their forum.

Date Posted: 22 Mar 2012 at 7:38pm
GSP generously supports this forum and rewards our contributions with discounts. Thumbs Up It is exemplary and laudable, I wish more companies were as committed to user involvement and product R&D.

-------------
Jon

Posted By: jrhughes
Date Posted: 26 Apr 2012 at 12:54pm
I have just received a very generous discount on the Solo UL + PSU1 I ordered. Although I did what was outlined at the start of this thread, I had kind of forgotten about it - probably as I didn't take it for granted. I don't know of any other company who does this and I echo Jon's comments above, completely. We are rewarded for being interested in superb products and talking about them! How could it possibly get better than that?

Thank you, Graham! Beer

Posted By: morris_minor
Date Posted: 26 Apr 2012 at 2:54pm
+1 from me too . . Clap

-------------
Bob

Majestic DAC/pre-amp
Accession MC/Enigma, Accession MM, Reflex M, Elevator EXP, Era Gold V
Solo ULDE, Novo, Lautus USB and digital, Libran balanced, CuSat50
2 x Proprius + Spatia/Spatia Links

Posted By: Peter.H
Date Posted: 08 Aug 2012 at 1:25pm
Very far-sighted approach, both generous and more than fair.  Kudos, as the Americans might say.

Peter

-------------
Peter

Arcam A38,T32 | Audiolab 8200CD | Cambridge azur 650BD | KEF Q55.2 | DAK Novo | Meridian Explorer | AKG Q701 | Connectors - van den Hul, QED, Clearer Audio | Hi-Fi Racks Podium | RA accessories

Posted By: Ash
Date Posted: 19 Mar 2013 at 11:36pm
Wow, only 100 posts/comments are required for Senior status?! Shocked I'm not going to struggle to reach that at all... I think I once had at least half that number of posts on Graham's GSPAudio page on Facebook... LOL I eventually deleted most of my posts on there as I thought that I'd probably overdone things a bit too much. Embarrassed

Posted By: mitch65
Date Posted: 20 Mar 2013 at 7:00am
Originally posted by Nuance_Ember Nuance_Ember wrote:

Wow, only 100 posts/comments are required for Senior status?! Shocked I'm not going to struggle to reach that at all... I think I once had at least half that number of posts on Graham's GSPAudio page on Facebook... LOL I eventually deleted most of my posts on there as I thought that I'd probably overdone things a bit too much. Embarrassed

It's surprising how quickly they add up!

-------------
Greg

Rega Planer 3
Gram Amp 2
Audiolab 8000A
Auralic Aries Mini
Russell K 50

Date Posted: 20 Mar 2013 at 7:56am
Yes indeed! It's good to talk. Big smile

-------------
Jon

Posted By: BAK
Date Posted: 02 Aug 2013 at 10:42pm
I remember on this forum somewhere it was stated that members get extra points for each Gram Slee product purchased.

Bruce

-------------
Bruce
AT-14SA, Pickering XV-15, Hana EL, Technics SL-1600MK2, Lautus, Majestic DAC, Technics SH-8055 spectrum analyzer, Eminence Beta8A custom cabs; Proprius & Reflex M or C, Enjoy Life your way!

Date Posted: 02 Aug 2013 at 10:59pm

-------------
We do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.

Date Posted: 02 Aug 2013 at 11:03pm
We may need a repost of the point accumulation process.

-------------
Bruce
AT-14SA, Pickering XV-15, Hana EL, Technics SL-1600MK2, Lautus, Majestic DAC, Technics SH-8055 spectrum analyzer, Eminence Beta8A custom cabs; Proprius & Reflex M or C, Enjoy Life your way!

Date Posted: 02 Aug 2013 at 11:18pm

-------------

Posted By: morris_minor
Date Posted: 03 Aug 2013 at 12:22am
I must admit I don't quite know how points relate to posts, but as you notch up posts you accumulate stars and these determine the discount on your order - as outlined in the first post of this very thread.

The members' discount is a measure of Graham's generosity since most manufacturers would be only too happy to pocket the full retail price!

-------------
Bob

Majestic DAC/pre-amp
Accession MC/Enigma, Accession MM, Reflex M, Elevator EXP, Era Gold V
Solo ULDE, Novo, Lautus USB and digital, Libran balanced, CuSat50
2 x Proprius + Spatia/Spatia Links

Date Posted: 03 Aug 2013 at 8:39am
For the simple formula please go back to Graham's post at the start of this thread.

@Nuance_Ember: I like the photo!

-------------
Jon

Date Posted: 10 Feb 2018 at 3:54am
For a more current description see Graham's newest post about 
 "Forum Discount Terms & Conditions" ...

http://www.hifisystemcomponents.com/forum/forum-discount-terms-conditions_topic4198.html" rel="nofollow - http://www.hifisystemcomponents.com/forum/forum-discount-terms-conditions_topic4198.html

-------------
Bruce

Date Posted: 05 Feb 2019 at 3:25pm
For a more current description see Graham's newest post about 
 "Forum Discount Terms & Conditions" ...

http://www.hifisystemcomponents.com/forum/forum-discount-terms-conditions_topic4198.html - http://www.hifisystemcomponents.com/forum/forum-discount-terms-conditions_topic4198.html

-------------
Bruce

Posted By: mdnicke2
Date Posted: 04 Sep 2020 at 8:05pm
It is just amazing that a manufacturer is willing to give a discount like this. I think it speaks volumes to the type of person Graham is and the type of company he has. Though I am still not 100% certain which phono stage I will buy (or when I will have the money to buy one), I cannot see myself buying anything but GSP.

-------------
Pro-j X2, Sumiko Moonstone, Cambridge Duo, Cambridge CXA80, KEF LS50

Date Posted: 04 Sep 2020 at 9:22pm
In a market plagued with dishonesty and false advertising, it is nice to find a company like hifisystemcomponents that produces trustworthy products that are designed to consistently perform and intended to have a long working life. I'm already in my 30s and in a few more decades when I'm Graham's age, I'm sure my GSP electronics will still be providing satisfying high fidelity music.

-------------

Posted By: lfc jon
Date Posted: 08 Oct 2021 at 6:56pm
I know this is a old post but what Ash said was about dishonesty and false advertising is vary true some company's make bold claims about their products especially about their power outputs (watts) of their amplifiers or mono blocks. Before a bought my first GSP phono amp I did some research online and found that some have had their phono amps a vary long time and although some didn't like the looks a lot said they bought their amps for the sound and build quality (not looks). Me, I like the looks, I'm not into spit & polish and fancy materials if it doesn't do anything for the sound. It can look a million dollars but if it sounds bad I'm not going to buy it. Going off beat, Polished surfaces are hard too keep clean and scratch free.

-------------
Reflex M, Solo (both with PSU-1) CuSat50, Lautus, Spatia & Spatia links cables. Ortofon Bronze.

Posted By: Ric4044
Date Posted: 19 Nov 2021 at 3:10am
Hi everyone. There are some interesting reads in here.  I hope to keep gaining insight as I am about to listen to my first Graham Slee product - the Communicator 2 phono preamp.  I look forwarding to getting to know more members and sharing some stories. 

Posted By: BackinBlack
Date Posted: 19 Nov 2021 at 8:35am
Welcome to the Forum Ric,
As you say there is a lot of interesting reading in these pages. Hope you enjoy your Communicator, perhaps you'll let us know your impressions.

Happy Listening

Ian

-------------
Just listen, if it sounds good to you, enjoy it.

Posted By: Southernowl
Date Posted: 24 Nov 2021 at 1:40pm

PS. The club online shops have now been deleted as all items are now available on our main site including kits, parts packs and upgrades.

Is there any way of collecting it please Grahamrather than posting it? I picked a loan item off John last weekend & about to order one already, made an amazing difference! I pass his place regularly. Thanks, Nick

-------------
Nick White

Date Posted: 24 Nov 2021 at 1:52pm
Originally posted by Southernowl Southernowl wrote:

Is there any way of collecting it please Grahamrather than posting it? I picked a loan item off John last weekend & about to order one already, made an amazing difference! I pass his place regularly. Thanks, Nick

We can arrange that Nick, just give John a call on the 01909 number at the foot of this page.

-------------

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net