Print Page | Close Window

Accession MC connected to pc

Printed From: Graham Slee Hifi System Components
Category: Turntable Audio
Forum Name: Graham Slee Phono Stages
Forum Description: Questions, answers, and product information zone for Graham Slee Phono Stage Preamps
URL: https://www.hifisystemcomponents.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=5557
Printed Date: 24 Apr 2024 at 6:37am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Accession MC connected to pc
Posted By: Vincenzo
Subject: Accession MC connected to pc
Date Posted: 25 Nov 2022 at 9:37am
Hello, I wanted to connect my Accession MC to the pc to store some songs on the computer. What do I need to do this? Thank you.

-------------
Amp. Musical Fidelity M6si,Turntables VPI Scout Signature, Cartridges Ortofon Cadenza Bronze, Graham Slee Accession MC, Speakers Triangle Esprit Antal Ez, Cables VAN DEN HUL D-502 Hybrid,ATLAS Equator

Replies:
Posted By: Ash
Date Posted: 25 Nov 2022 at 11:37am
The output of the phono stage will be an analogue signal at line level. You could feed this straight into the line-in of an analogue-to-digital converter for recording to the computer.

-------------
We do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.

Posted By: Mikeh
Date Posted: 25 Nov 2022 at 11:42am
You need an ADC (analogue to digital converter) to take the variable output from the Accession and give a usb connection output to the pc. I use a Focusrite Scarlett  as the ADC which works quite easily. Connection from the Accession to Focusrite uses a phono to jack plug lead. Recording the vinyl to store on the pc could use free software such as Audacity or Vinyl Studio by Alpinesoft which very easy to use.
Hope this helps.

-------------
Mike

Technics sl1210g with Victor U-2
Accession MM, Majestic + Proprius, Solo ULDE
Cambridge Audio CXC CD player
Lindemann Limetree Bridge streamer
Harbeth P3ESR XD paired with 2x REL t5x

Date Posted: 25 Nov 2022 at 11:53am
"Audio interfaces" are typically an ADC and a DAC, all in one product and used for both recording and monitoring/playback.

-------------

Posted By: Graham Slee
Date Posted: 25 Nov 2022 at 12:05pm
Originally posted by Ash Ash wrote:

"Audio interfaces" are typically an ADC and a DAC, all in one product and used for both recording and monitoring/playback.

Bring back tape! Wink

-------------
That none should be able to buy or sell without a smartphone and the knowledge in how to use apps

Posted By: lfc jon
Date Posted: 25 Nov 2022 at 6:38pm
Originally posted by Graham Slee Graham Slee wrote:

Originally posted by Ash Ash wrote:

Bring back tape! Wink
I agree.
It was so much easier to record vinyl to tape.

-------------
Reflex M, Solo (both with PSU-1) CuSat50, Lautus, Spatia & Spatia links cables. Ortofon Bronze.

Posted By: Fatmangolf
Date Posted: 25 Nov 2022 at 6:55pm
Tape did need a bias setup and levels being right. Now we can just use a portable digital recorder.

-------------
Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.

Posted By: Chris Firth
Date Posted: 25 Nov 2022 at 7:53pm
Originally posted by Fatmangolf Fatmangolf wrote:

Tape did need a bias setup and levels being right. Now we can just use a portable digital recorder.
And with the variable output from the Accession there's no need for additional attenuators to prevent clipping the input (the one thing that isn't possible to fix in post production) of the portable digital recorder Wink

Date Posted: 25 Nov 2022 at 11:20pm
Musicians use audio interfaces to record instrument performances to a computer. With analogue instruments, plug in a microphone and set the gain level. With digital instruments, plug the instrument into the line input by cable and set the gain level. I've never done it but I think I would be able to work out what to do.

-------------

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net